Stunted growth, weird looking leaves

why the switch from DM??? Hammer

I would love to know the better hydro solution to use. I’ve only used Fox Farms, so I’ve been curious on how the other companies would be for me in my hydro setup. Anyone got any info or experience they could share, since we’re on the topic?

1 Like

i grow hydro ,in DWC was looking into a new nute DM 2part . But most of the bloom nutes in 5 Ltr are impossible to find or the shipping puts it over what iam using now … which is AN Connoisseur 2 part for grow and their bloom .plus silica a little cal mag big bud, factor X and hydro guard this is about 21 days ago i switched the lites to HPS and a 12 and 12 cycle

2 Likes

this is my clones in about 12or 14 days from cutting

they were taken off plants that are in bud …

1 Like

Are you adding anything to your water for those clones? @Hammer
I’m having troubles getting my clones to root and I built a Cloner just for this lol. Any help would be appreciated!
@vicbesos420 I think I will go with GH for my next grows. I’m almost out of my Fox Farms nutes anyway.

1 Like

Hey everyone,
I am the original individual who had the first question on this thread. Thanks for the varied advice. It is always good to compare and contrast.
I am having serious issues…Many of the leaves have become discolored (brown, yellow), desiccated, and dead. I ordered some basic nutrients, but they won’t be getting to my place until July 5th. I am afraid I am going to lose my crop in the mean time. What is funny is that my original “most healthy” plant is the one suffering the worst. I am assuming that is because it was getting so big, and literally sucked all the nutrients form the potting soil I used, and now it is severely malnourished. Beginners fail.
Do you all think the crop will be hardy enough to last until I can get it nutrients on the 5th?
I can post pics if someone lets me know how to upload them on here.
Thanks!

1 Like

i basically keep it fairly simple … ill try to pull my notes from my log and give you that i used this time …and yes ill get some flack on this …Because i this time. I did add nutes to the res in the amount of 150-200 ppm connoisseur Grow A&B … peroxide , rooting powder , B-52 …ph range 5.7-5.8 . the rooting powder will make the ph more difficult to maintain .tho… i track all the Amounts and times of Water change . if you want ill post it in detail … the pict in the above post is of this batch … ill post a pict of the ones prior that is done the traditional way "No NUTES " look close at the root pattern coming from both set’s of the clones , no nutes forms more to the bottom and at the inter nodes of the branch mainly … the one i used nute’s on grew allover like a hairy leg lol Hammmer.

actually ill repost the other as well the first here is no nutes … This one is with minor nutes during the rooting process… and now that i have good roots started ill raise the level to 250 PPM . PS both are within a day or 2 of each other, age wise …I will show a comparison in 2-3 days from now to see what the 2 different batches look like side by side .If you want … may have to start posting in the journal section .if i keep adding picts ,so as to not clog this post up… sincerely Hammer

1 Like

Here is the issues I’ve been having. My nutrient aren’t coming in mail til July 5th. You think they be good till then?

I also did some clones. Here they are. Used rooting gel. I think they are to short…but what can I say, I’m a newbie.
Thanks for all your support by the way.

what is the type and brand of soil ur using ??? do you have a way to check your ph ?? what is the liteing ?? temps ?

recently ihad purchased flora nova bloom to play with and the diamond nector …its comparable to the big bud i use now … same ingredients but lower consentration . just have to use a little more …BUT i will still save money it was like 20,00 as to the big bud at 80-85.00 .H

PH monitor coming in mail.
Same soil as before.
For lighting am using 4 of the 40 watt cfls at about 6 inches away.
Temp range 72-77 degrees F.

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s lack of nutrients, looks like a pH issue, maybe some Cal Mag lock-out ?

-flush soil with pH’ed water to stop damage
-first get your equipment
-then start your seeds

1 Like

@Paranorman hit that NAIL squarely on the head … just remember keep it super simple . when you start off .Hammer

To each his own. I have grown with all I have explained. Take it for what it is worth. Happy growing :slight_smile:

1 Like