Stumped…… what’s going on?

Ok so I got an Barney’s farm mimosa evo she’s 9 weeks from seed today……ro water as base(4PPM) cal mag up to 150-200ppm……. .75ml per gal of armor si (silica)…….4ml drip clean per gal…….and then just a and b sensi grow coco formula……it’s ph perfect but the silica I have on deck brings the ph to 8.7 so I always have to drop her down to 5.7-6.1…….5.9 gal pots of pure coco dtw………feeding them every day now at 750-800ppms 2gal each in a sitting to make sure their flushed every time I water……I also use 24%h2o2 in my Rez at 5ml per gal….one day after a 14hr shift I sanitized my Rez with 12% total str h2o2 spray and I compleat lay forgot to rinse it out befor feeding the mimosa evo……half way threw watering her I seen every top slumpe over beyond a 90vdeg angle………I flushed her immediately and within 24 hours she bounce back however she hasn’t been the same sense the incident happened don’t get me wrong she’s grown a lot since it happened but her leaves just don’t look right what is the chemical burns that did it is she permanently damage from it or is there a deficiency that I’m not sick I make one razz batch and I feed the bunnies for Mamosa evo. And an ilgm Maui waui and the other one is getting the same feed……no issues what so ever………86f and 60-6r% rh consistently and my light is an optic slim 650s……hung at 3 feet exactly above canopy and turned waaaaaaaay down……co2 ppm is ambient as I don’t run it but the levels are elevated at 700-12ppm as I have a lot of large snakes in that room

That rh is a wee bit on the low end but sounds like you’re overwatering them slightly my biggest auto( a 3 footer) only ever needed .75 gallons every 2 days in coco in 5 gallon pots try cutting it back by 1/2 or switching it to a 2 day cycle to let those roots breath a little better

2 Likes

Omg I forgot to post pics lol my bad……hear ya go

I was at every 3 days watering her, now every 12 hrs I lift her up and I can tell she’s light so I bumped it up to every day

2 Likes

I would recommend picking up rhino skin as a silica supplement. It’s designed to play nice with the PH perfect nutrient line. Manually adjusting the ph isn’t something that should be done with the ph perfect line. Also if you are in coco you should be feeding at least once a day everyday. Either one of those things can cause a ph swing that could account for your twisting growth. :v:

3 Likes

If I ever run the ph perfect lineup again I’m going to take those words as gospel LOL right now I’m switching to a cocotek Bloom just something I’ve use quite a lot I just couldn’t find any of it for a long time…_its 3-5-6 n-p-k…so theirs plenty in their tor them girls

2 Likes

You can use the silica you have but I’d pick a watering event where you just add water and silica . Let the silica mix with the water for about an hour then Ph adjust before you water your plants

I’m in coco ,water only isn’t an option unfortunately

1 Like

I don’t typically keep a res of nutes on standby, but I can manage the silica ph issue. When I mix my base nutrients the ph comes out low 5’s. I will mix 5ml per gallon of solution I have (usually 2-3 gallons) into about a cup of water. Then I will slowly add the diluted silica solution into my nutrient solution until ph is the 5.8-6.0 range.

I would say don’t ph your res and try to do similar at point of application.

Ok update…… still seeing issues….I flipped yesterday becuase my tent is running out of room…… I defoliated her and I noticed that it’s only the very upper growth of the tops that’s affected….so maby it’s a non mobile nutrient deficiency?

Have since dropped silica down from .75 ml per liter to .5ml per liter