This has been a very interesting experience growing my first crop. I wanted to just grow one plant and really learn about the process before investing the money into fem seeds. I used the seeds from my normal breakup from what I purchased from my main supplier. I have no idea what strain it is which has added to my challenge as a rookie grower.
My seeds were planted on July 13th making today day 109, They spent six weeks in veg until I was forced due to the size of my small tent to push them into bloom. They did amazing and I was able to sex them about a week a later and picked the best looking of the group to be my plant for this grand experiment.
About 8 days ago I noticed the plant was clawing with brown tips, after doing some research and ordering a kit to test my soil ph I realized I had been feeding way to much N during bloom phase. Rookie mistake
I have been flushing with ph balanced water since then, going by the pictures what would your course of action be? My original harvest date was this Sunday but I feel like my inexperienced mixed with the N toxicity has slowed the growth down. Should I continue to flush and let it run its course? Or should I cut Sunday and not make the same mistakes with my next grow.
PS. Thanks to this great community It has been instrumental in getting my grow up and running.
If it were me I would flush it for a little longer. What are your trichomes looking like? If you could wait and get a good flush that would be my first option. No need to ruin all your hard work, you learned from it and that’s all that matters. A good flush will make it better smoke honestly
Just wanted to provide an update, continue to flush until today, trichomes had started to cloud and decided to cut my lady before the plant was past gone.
I’ve learned so much during this first grow both from my personal experience and the help of the forums here.
My biggest mistake was using miracle grow soil AND making a calculation mistake and overfeeding for about the first two weeks of bloom. Once the clawing set in it was impossible to flush the soil clean and recover the plant. The nitrogen release in the soil was just working too hard against me.
For my next grow I purchased some fem’d Gorilla Glue Seeds and found a local place that sells the fox farms soil I’ve read so much about.
I never thought I would enjoy this nearly as much as I have it has been a great experience even when I made mistakes.
Now the hard part, waiting on the dry/cure. Until next time friends, Happy Growing!