Study shows CBD lowers viral infection rates of covid-19

I sent a different link summarizing same study to my boss on Monday. In light of recent attempts by our government, I suggested mandatory bong rips instead.

10 Likes

Hey , thanks for the tag @Nicky Very interesting my household is never without a couple bottles of CBD oil.

2 Likes

Myfriends410 posted this. Curious about similarities

4 Likes

I remember a study on this coming out summer of 2020 and the story got squashed immediately. Maybe a couple news bites about it and vanished. That was right around the time the vaccine was being tested.

Guess the Gov wanted people to be on the pharma vaccine and not a kinda tested pot regimen to try and get past covid asap. That didn’t work very well with Vax hesitant people and we’re still short of the target population % being immune almost 2 years later.

Try something different for the Vax hesitant, maybe they would try this?

@Nicky , I am still reviewing all the literature. Just to play the devil’s advocate my friend. :japanese_ogre: :green_heart::pray::v:

Removed unauthorized link

2 Likes

@JaneQP , You may have an answer or start to my question. If I want to convert crystalline THCA in to THCP, do you see a simplied set of steps for the home chemist? I believe the same can be done for CBDA to CBDP. Anyone else is welcome to join. @Nicky , @dbrn32 , @Myfriendis410 , @merlin44 , @Hellraiser , @MattyBear @Covertgrower

3 Likes

I wish that I could help but will be keeping eye out to see what answers you get.

3 Likes

Let me spend some researching the compounds. My cannabinoid chemistry is about 5 years old at this point.

4 Likes

I read through the article from the researchers that isolated the coumpound.

A novel phytocannabinoid isolated from Cannabis sativa L. with an in vivo cannabimimetic activity higher than Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol: Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabiphorol (nih.gov)

To to moderators: There are no ads at this site.

This newly identified compound has a side chain length of seven carbons as compared to D9 with five carbons. No easy way to synthesize.

To isolate the compound is alway outside of kitchen chemistry (for me at least).

The researchers started with a hexane extraction, followed by a dewaxing at -20 C for 45 hours, removed the wax layer, heated to 120C for 2 hours to change the acids to their neutral compounds, ran through a C18 solid phase extraction, collected 80 fractions found the fraction containing the compound through sophisticated analysis.

The best we can do as growers is wait for testing to indentify strains that have higher concentrations of THCP and start an inbreeding program to increase potency.

I did some further reading and found an article about strains that have above average levels of the three carbon side chain cannabinoid (THCV). Somewhere out there is a strain thathas higher than average content of THCP. We need to find it!

The inheritance of chemical phenotype in Cannabis sativa L. (V): regulation of the propyl-/pentyl cannabinoid ratio, completion of a genetic model | SpringerLink

I love doing research like this - thanks for the question and the opportunity!

7 Likes

Here is some basic information on CBDP.

2 Likes

@JaneQP thank you for that! Huge!

2 Likes

Thx. I’ve been thinking more about it. Had some ideas while in a grocery line 11 people deep today. Another big chain is on strike so my shopping spot was overwhelmed.

With thin layer chromatography and standards one could extract, run through a C18 cartridge, and identify the fraction with the compound and turn that into a concentrate. I don’t like the idea of a hexane carrier for eventual human use but ethanol extracts all the chlorophyll and other terpenes but I wonder what does it matter if you find the fraction containing the gold?

Let my brain think some more and sleep on it. Sometimes my unconscious mind solves problems if I feed it enough information first.

5 Likes

I’ve seen a member or two give good mention to G13 Labs Peach Puree CBD.

2 Likes

Definitely above my pay grade :rofl::rofl::rofl: Interesting stuff tho. Could you imagine if it was at least deschedulized and it could be studied by way more groups?!!! So many new medicines would be available :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Agreed @MattyBear! I could do the science for THCP/CDBP with my own grow upfront but I have gone down this road before and lost $$ only to see my ideas recycled later for profit.

5 Likes

$50-$70 at my local dispensary depending if it’s on sale or not!

2 Likes

If you crossed these would you get a Krytonian OG?

2 Likes

My dear lord, you’re on to something

1 Like

I haven’t stopped thinking of that name “Kryptonian OG”. Man I wish I did pollination and breeding.

3 Likes

Could always try your hand at it, or try to talk @Hellraiser into doing it. Lol

3 Likes