"Stuck in Pre-flower"

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

“Need some help and guidance please
4 auto Amnesia Haze gowing for about 7 week, three are doing great and one has been stuck in “pre-flower” for going on 4-wks. On a side note 1) is 35” and the other three are over 55". The largest one is the one that is “stuck”

Please keep in mind that all 4 girls are right at 70 days old and really only have a question on the one that appears to be way behind the other three and has been stuck in what looks like early flower for going on 4-wks now. Hoping she is just a late bloomer and will just take longer to develop than the others, the fear is that she is never going to finish and in which case I may better off to cut my losses and just get rid of her.

Strain (type, bag seed): Amnesia Haze Autoflower from ILGM
Soil in pots, hydroponic, or coco?: Soil in pots
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?: 6.2-6.4
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: Organic, Nectar of the Gods - late veg formula 1170 PPM
Indoor or outdoor: Indood
Light system, size?: 750 watt Kind LED supplemented by 450 watt Maxsisun LED just added for better coverage
Temps day, night: 80/65 F
Humidity day, night 50
Ventilation system (yes/no, size): Yes, 8" blower in 4x4x8 tent
AC, humidifier, de-humidifier?: No
Co2 (yes/no): No

These plants are not in pre-flower. They are in flower.

Despite finish times being posted as 70-90 days; I find that autos take as much as 110 days to finish. Just let them keep growing buds. Be patient. A “Haze” is a Sativa pheno, and will always rake longer to finish than an Indica.

Happy growing :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Another thing I noticed on 2nd look/…

Those lamps are not adequate for that grow footprint. See how dark the plants are; Except where the light is bright on the top? you need better light penetration into the lower canopy.

6 Likes

@latewood not hikacking, just a quick question; are those dates posted for autos, from seed to harvest?

1 Like

I don’t know. I just do not agree with the time frames posted. Some people harvest early by counting days.

IN general; When a finish time is posted it means from flower to finish. So, with an “auto”, maybe we can assume that when the flowers appear it is time to countdown the days.

I harvest by the development of the trichomes and never pay any attention to finish times.

Happy growing

6 Likes

He said that one was stuck in preflower, not all 4…

So 1200 watts isn’t adequate for a 4X4 tent???

@crabouflage 1200 is advertised… hes most likely getting half that… so probably around 600 true watts or less. And also, @latewood was speaking about the footprint of the lights, not the wattage
@dbrn32 is the light guy, he can add input

2 Likes

I think what he was saying is that you overgrew your lights, more than you didn’t have enough light. 3/4 of the buds in that tent will be fluff. The others probably light damaged.

That being said, the kind 750 is a 430 watt light and the maxisun 450 is a 200 watt light. There’s nowhere near 1200 Watts in there. There’s probably enough light to run reasonably sized plants, which we don’t have in this case. How we got there is beyond me, especially with autoflowers. What light schedule are we running? There’s a chance of maybe a recessive auto gene?

Otherwise I pretty much agree with Mr Latewood.

1 Like

@crabouflage is this your grow?

No, just made a comment and asked a question…

1 Like

Gotcha. Thanks!

Thank you.

Here is what I see. It is not math or amount of watts. I also would love to know the photo period. I got distracted by the lack of light penetration to the lower and outer canopy.

I see plants with a big bright spot in the top middle of canopy. Look below, and look wide. “Darkness”. This is visual proof that the lamps are not being used to their fullest potential.

The plants should be trained to take advantage of the one lamp. If you look at the images, you can plainly see that most of the plant is in the “low light range”

Peace. Reading on.

p.s. No worries. Good to discuss things. Don’t expect me to blunder too badly…LOL Keep in mind that no one is insulting you. We are all trying to explain to the best of our ability, how to help you with your query.

2 Likes

That is not the point. if you do not know how to manage a 1200w (???)lamp; You have no business placing it in a 4x4’ tent. Lcukily this is a 1200 w LED lamp and not knowing the actual specs but, knowing how marketing of LEDs are; I gree with the aforementioned ideal that it is 600w or less.

Another thing. If you really understand the science and application of LED lamps systems; And, the way they distribute light. You would know that watts, and lumens are not a variable…Or; measurement as we have previously measured lighting standards.

Sorry it is late. hope I did not botch my explanation yp to badly. Will check on it tomorrow to see how wrong you all think I am…LOL Manana

2 Likes