Stretching seedlings

I know this is old school but I start seedlings under a florescent light and when they stretch too far I lower the light I’ll send pics @Jbum do you think I’m keeping the nodes too close together? Anyone can chime in

as much roots as I have can I go straight to 5 gal buckets? I

2 Likes

They look good to me! I’d say they’re ready to transplant when you are.

1 Like

Different lights make them stretch differently… led lights tend to be even closer node spacing and hps not so much and ive kept them at the same lux reading for both lights… i personally like slightly tighter nodes but if its to close for your liking just raise your lights a little

1 Like

I like a bush type plant so I think I’ll transplant to 5 gal buckets tomorrow. Then they’ll be in grow room under 1000 watt led

1 Like

I’ll peel off the peat pot before planting, solo cups are so slick to my old hands so I set inside coffee cup so have a handle and I can check roots by lifting up out of cup. Thank you I really like not transplanting any more than I have to

3 Likes

If you do peel them off, be very careful to damage as few roots as possible. Maybe make some cuts down the sides first.

1 Like

Yes I totally agree. Are these auto or photos?

These are my whatever seeds I want to learn ph and ppm learn to use fox farm before I order fem seeds then I won’t be as upset if they croak

1 Like

Get a lux meter aswell.
Takes all the guess work out of hpw far away your lights need to be etc. Flower and veg like different light intensity and it will be good to help get the node spacing your after aswell

I will check into that because with young plants I’m never sure about how far from light. I always ask someone here on forum. Thank you

I took your advice I took very small but sharp scissors and did good on sides but the bottom I broke 8 or 10 strings of the root and took right to the hole made for her. Now I have another one should I set it in water a few seconds after sides are off

I hope you can help why do I have all the big black symbols when I try to get on forum?

Maybe just need to refresh your browser or logout and back in?

1 Like

I will try thank you

I m pretty sure that when I peeled the peat pot of my plant to transplant I tore quite a few roots so my plant may be stressed out. I gave them 6 hours of darkness then a little later I went to check on them and that one has brown spots on leaves and starting at bottom going up 1 set of leaves is turning light green and next set is starting to do same, I’ll send pics. Until Wed they had to be in Miracle Grow and I water with filtered water, have a 1000 watt led about 30 inches from plants, temp 75 humidity 54. I dropped my digital meter trying to learn how to use it so @GreenJewels hooked me up with a good one and I’m waiting on delivery from Amazon so can’t do readings.

that’s 2nd set of leaves

1 Like

The other girl looks fine

1 Like

Hard to tell but kinda look like water spots?

1 Like

From me getting too much or too little water or from water spilled on leaves? Should I just wait?

Yes from spillage. But let’s call in some folks. @PurpNGold74 @elheffe702 @Missiles @Mrcrabs would y’all mind looking at above post?

They appear healthy though!

2 Likes

I think they look healthy also. It could be from spillage.

1 Like