Stretching? Help!

No darl… this is the description… 8w led grow light is full spectrum and not a normal bulb. X

Pics are not loading for me. Nothing I can do about it. :grinning:

1 Like

Hate to tell you but you’re going to need more light during the flower stage too. Get on here and look, I know @DoobieNoobie did some DIY quantum boards just the other day. Just giving you a heads up so you can expect it and start planning for it.

1 Like

No matter, 8 watts isn’t going to do it.

1 Like

Yeah these are just for seeds. I’m looking into boards for my actual grow x

The seedling stage is an extremely important part of the actual grow.

1 Like

Yeah I realise this. I’m on the hunt for T5’s x

You are ok ! If the seedling looks like it might fall over you can support the plant by bending a piece wire [ or something similar ] to act as a crutch to hold it upright . I had the same problem and added more dirt like @DoobieNoobie suggested and packed it around the stem for support . Whichever light you use just keep it as close to the plant as possible without burning it . I would keep the top on as they like the humidity . Good luck , you got this .

1 Like

I use this light for 2 weeks of seedling growth and 3 weeks of veg growth before moving them to a larger light. A blurple 45W wall draw (claims 150W equivalent, but as noted, who knows what that actually means). I also use a 400W HPS/400W MH that is too expensive to run for seedlings, so I tried this. The price is right, but do investigate some of the quantum board that are all over this website, some have dimmers. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect/picassoRedirect.html/ref=pa_sp_atf_aps_sr_pg1_1?ie=UTF8&adId=A08642392A2ZZGGF7E1EU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FUNIFUN-Growing-Hydroponic-Aquatic-Indoor%2Fdp%2FB01F53LP46%2Fref%3Dsr_1_1_sspa%3Fie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1540849720%26sr%3D8-1-spons%26keywords%3DLED%2Bgrow%2Bunifun%26psc%3D1&qualifier=1540849719&id=4931868222664241&widgetName=sp_atf

Am on it @Sixpackdad How big is your space though?x

I have a 24x24x48" grow tent that houses the seedlings/early veg plants. I’ve got the 45W hanging in that. I’ve got six maui wowies that are about to outgrow and will go into the bigger room next week. I’m trying out a staged approach.

My regular room that I have flowered in is 33x46x80" converted shower. I’ve used a 400/400 HPS+MH combo light in there with a lot of ventilation - I struggle with the heat and temps.

I have a 285W wall draw blurple LED I’ll try out at some point.

8 Likes

Jeez Louise! :grin:

You’ve got a small jungle on your hands.

It was a jungle in there, too much of one. I ended up losing a bunch of it to aphids, mites, and budrot. As I go through this journey, I am learning there is something to be said for “less is better”

3 Likes

Yes, when you have a jungle it’s hard to take care of individual plants.

1 Like

hey. If u havent found t5’s yet simple cfls will work. Philips 12w’s are lovely for seedlings, albeit a bit underpowerd for actual vegging. But easily found at walmart, home depot, etc

1 Like

Thank you… got this today and whacked it on x

First: cut pipe cleaners in half and use to make support for tall seedlings. Make a loose loop, stick in ground with the loop just below the first leaves…close loop.
That will support until transplant. Then bury deep as possible. The newly buried stalk will grow roots.

Second: as other experienced helpful voices said…get much better lighting.

Best Wishes

1 Like

Just bought the one above. All seems well… for now :wink::joy:

2 Likes

We all were something else. Growing IS a learning process.

Like roller staking…a newbie will spend time pulling themselves around the rink by the hand rails for a while.

Never did learn to skate backwards…sigh

2 Likes