Stretched seedlings

Seedlings have been growing straight up and getting way too stretched. Tent is around 68° with around 60% humidity. I already moved the light closer then it was before. I’m going to switch from 20/4 to 24/0 light schedule. Any other advice? Thanks!

2 Likes

looks like theyre reaching for more light. what kind of light are you using?

1 Like

I might be wrong but it look like regular florescent lights… if it is its not enough watts 4 your girls. They actually might get burn with the heat

1 Like

i thought so too but didnt want to speculate lol

2 Likes

Ive been using flourescent for starting plants since the mid 90s…my preferred way. Trust me on this, i keep the light at about a 1 1/2" from the top at all times. Its stretching bc its too far away. After about 3 wks they go under the main light.

4 Likes

It will not burn them i promise

4 Likes

It doesn’t give off too much heat. Not sure what type of bulb, it’s a borrowed light. The only writing I can find on the bulb says A 44/13

Thanks for the advice. Moving it closer.

1 Like

Let me know how they make out. I literally let em get as close at it can as long as they are not touching. Tight nodes too.

Thanks, will do. What’re nodes?

1 Like

A node is basically the branches that grow out from the main trunk. So if the distance is close beteen each branch…its a good thing. More bud per height in other words

Got ‘em real snug now. Will let you know how they do.

2 Likes

Keep a eye on them they will grow fast like that. This is why i mention a 1 1/2" so they stay off light. Now they will grow out more instead of up

I check them a bunch morning and night so I’ll make sure to adjust if they start touching.

1 Like

When u move them to forever pots. bury a lot of the stem so they stand up. Need to get those stems and roots going

Just curious, at what point during grows do you change up the lighting? What type of lighting do you use for flowering?

2 Likes

Seedlings for 3 wks under flourescent, then under 600w metal halide untill flower. Finally followed by 600w sodium halide. Works great. I did just get two brand new hlg350r’s tho. When i start back up its going to be big changes! Excited for the big switch.

3 Likes

I use a T5 fluorescent for the first 12 days on some runs with great success. Ide top off the medium and get them into their forever home if autos or a transplant for photos :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

You’ll love that 350R. Great light.

2 Likes

Ya old school still works lol. Even after 3 wks the roots will not be bound. He def let them stretch too much tho but now with it that close that stem will strengthen up. Once in forever home…absolutely bury that stem

1 Like