Strawberry kush getting eaten by catapillers

They must like the sweet smell, they blend in so perfectly. My blueberry has no insects on them, why do they love the strawberry so much? Here’s some pics, can you find them.

1 Like

Advice from the man himself lol. But those things are devastating

1 Like

Good reviews on Amazon, but I start my flush soon I’ll just keep picking them off for now but I will look into it next year if I do another outside grow. Thanks for the info.

Definitely. Early on? Neem Spray. Wont hurt at all during veg. Also DE is great to deter larva and eggs and crawlers getting on. Good luck n poke me when u harvest her

2 Likes

Here is my homemade Insecticidal Soap Recipe
hope it helps. And please tag me I would like to follow your grow.

The simplest insecticidal soap is nothing more than a 2% soap solution. To make this at home, you will need:
•Sprayer: Any clean spray bottle or garden sprayer will work fine for spraying insecticidal soap. Make sure
the sprayer or bottle hasn’t been used for herbicides.
•Pure Soap: Use a pure liquid soap, such as Castile, or all-natural soap. The active ingredient in
insecticidal soap comes from the fatty acids in animal fat or vegetable oil, so it’s important to use
the real thing. Don’t use detergents (which aren’t actually soaps), dish soaps, or any products with
degreasers, skin moisturizers, or synthetic chemicals. Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap is usually pretty
easy to find in stores, or check your local natural-foods store for other options.
•Pure Water: Tap water is fine for making insecticidal soap. If you have hard water, you may want to use
bottled water to prevent soap scum from building up on your plants.

To make homemade 2% insecticidal soap, mix together:
•5 tablespoons soap to 1 gallon of water

OR
•1 heavy tablespoon soap to 1 quart of water

Containers of garlic, pepper, vinegar, and cooking oil
Other ingredients that can be added to homemade insecticidal soap

Homemade Insecticidal Soap Recipe Variations

Like any other home remedy, there are as many variations on this recipe as there are gardeners!
You can also try:
•Diluted Solution: If the spray causes damage or burns your plant foliage, cut the amount of soap
in half and try a 1% solution. This is the concentration usually found in commercial sprays. The
lighter solution might be less effective but is gentler on plants.

•Cooking Oil: To help the solution stick a little longer, add two tablespoons of light cooking oil
(such as corn, canola, olive, or safflower) per gallon of water to the mix.

•Vinegar: To make a spray that also targets powdery mildew, add a teaspoon of cider vinegar per
gallon of water to the mix.

•Garlic or Pepper: To help repel chewing insects, add a teaspoon of ground red pepper and/or garlic
per gallon of water to the mix.

•Bar Soap: For a less-exact recipe, drop a bar of pure soap (such as organic bar soap or Ivory) into a
gallon of water and leave it overnight. Remove the bar and shake well before spraying.

1 Like

Same little bastards I had. I think they are from those white cabbage moths. At least that’s what I caught on the plants a few times. I thought I hand picked them all off, but some got through. I was drying harvested colas in my bedroom and I woke up when one of those damned caterpillars started biting my arm!

After that grow I started spraying spinosad. VERY effective and very harmless to mammals.

1 Like

Those white cabbage moths been all over it, still picking those catapillers off but they avoid my 2 blueberry girls. Started flushing today, pistals are getting dark, @garrigan62 I’ll post some pics when I hang them upside down in my basement.

Right on…im waiting…lol.

1st harvest, had to cut it down early due to bud rot, but the 2 blueberry are still going strong.

2 Likes

@garrigan62 and friends, 5.5 oz on this one. Not bad for a noob.

1 Like

2 Likes

Sometimes it isn’t really bud rot: A caterpillar ate the stem inside a bud, so parts of it turn brown and fall off. Thought I got all of them off my first outdoor grow. Harvested and hung stems in my bedroom. I woke up with a caterpillar biting my arm!

Now I spray all outside plants with spinosad every week. Nothing survives!

1 Like