Strawberry kush first grow

Yes they can in early or late veg before full bloom .

Okay I’ll give that a try. thanks for the input @yoshi! :smile:

Hello,
I have finally moved my plants out of the house and in to a grow box I made. Just running into run problem and tha is keeping the humidity down. I went from an average of rh- 38%, to an rh- 55-62%. At the moment I am trying to figure out how to bring it down a bit. I also taped the branch that I super cropped with duct tape which helped it stand up. I hope she recovers well…

1 Like

I watered one of my plants today and the runoff had like 20 larva swimming around. I researched fungus gnats and ordered some food grade diatamoceous (not sure if that’s spelled correctly) earth to see if that treats the problem.

2 Likes

That larvae is in every organic soil mix , just put a thin layer of river sand on the very bottom and the top of your soil , let it dry out thoroughly between watering and you shouldn’t have a big problem .

1 Like

Nematodes @Gizmo Its all about Nematodes!

Everything you ever wanted to know about Nematodes but didn’t know you were supposed to ask is at this link

-Best of luck! :slight_smile:

Ok, after 6 days drying I placed in jars last night. Burping them now and man they are stinky (in a good way).
From over 14oz wet weight we now have just over 3.5oz dry bud, did not weigh any of the shake. The bud is extremely tasty though and we are very happy with results for a first grow. Another few days and the 2nd kush and diesel should be ready to come down.

Let the weekend festivities begin!

3 Likes

Feels like a stupid question, what stops plant from growing through and too far past a scrog screen?

That’s awesome it’s crazy that they lose so much wait by drying. What was the percentage of Amber when you harvested if you don’t mind if I ask?

Hi, When the plant is about 4 inches above the screen you tie the plant down. There are many types of ties pick the one that suits you I use soft plastic flower ties. Hope this helps.

Take care.

David.

1 Like

I used pipe cleaners, their cheap and easy to bend how you want them. Yea, I was surprised at the weight difference from wet vs dry but it is what it is and what it is… Is very tasty!

2 Likes

@gizmo, Amber trichomes were just starting to appear when we harvested. We could have let her go a little longer but… Didn’t lol. The diesel and younger kush I’m going to wait till I see a descent amount of Amber. It’s crazy that all went into flower at the same time but the two kush’s are finishing a couple weeks apart. The diesel was suppose to be a couple weeks later but I’m guessing that these two will finish about the same time. Here’s a pic of what’s left, diesel is scrogged in front and the kush is in the back, she was an after thought plant :blush:

5 Likes

cool 1st grow buddy, congratulations! :slight_smile:

How’s the high from that strawberry???

@paranorman, it’s fantastic! Smooth smoke with a sweet mild flavor and very nice high. I recommend it… We will absolutely grow again very soon, matter of fact have a clone from each strain I’m going to move into the grow room as soon as these others finish.

2 Likes

Now 3.5 ounces is not bad from your own labor , but yes you can get 14 ounces dry from all what you learned in this grow but training earlier to get a full canopy . Now you stated finishing at different times after being put in flower . In the future remember this principle , vegging starts after first node on the calendar days , than once you switch to flower , the first 3 weeks is not counted cause that is called the preflowering stage . Now once the plant start growing white pistils , or white hairs and buds are starting to form , that’s when you appropriately start the calendar days for flower . Simply cause this is when most cultivators transition the plant from veg to flower by adding bloom to the grow nutrients each week in transition taking away the grow slowly and adding the bud gradually , once you reach the full bloom feed you should see pre flowers , bud sites and that’s actually when your flowering starts , but this is why most people count past 9-12 weeks flowering cause they counted the pre flower budding stage early , hope this helps the next scrog grow …can’t wait ?

3 Likes

Thanks @yoshi for the informative and helpful insight. I did not allocate for the preflower and also made the mistake of stopping micro and grow after going to 12/12.

Next round I will do a better job of training as well as waiting longer to go to 12/12 so the screen is full. Being a first grow I wasn’t sure of what to expect for stretch so I errored on the side of caution.

All in all I’m satisfied with the results and especially with the knowledge and lessons learned during this grow.

A huge THANKS to everyone on here for graciously assisting us newbies with their knowledge and expertise and to ILGM for their great seeds and forum! I’ll let you know how these last 2 turn out, I’m waiting for Amber trichomes before these girls come down…

Hey guys,
I am currently on day 18 of flower (since change of light cycle) and just fed one of my plants winged off of grow and now on full bloom. Everything is looking good. I think the shoot I super cropped is healing fine considering it hasn’t died yet. Lol buds are starting to pop up every so it’s starting to look really good. Just curious if I could prune a little more. I see some lower stems that could be cut because they don’t look like they are going to get good light. Here’s a few pictures to show there progress. A couple things I wish I did so far was to LST them and keep the canopy even. I feel like I won’t get as good as a yeild as I think thing I could get if I did that, but we will see as time passes.:v:t3:

-Gizmo

4 Likes

Very nice, vary tall looking for what I thought was indica dominant??

Yeah those very lower branches can be trimmed , but if you only in 18 days that’s not actual flowering , that’s preflower which means the 3 weeks after switching from veg to flower is not counted for the actual flowering period , make sense ? Once your plant start producing white pistils , and buds is when you start the calendar days for flowering .

2 Likes

That makes sense. @yoshi, I trimmed the lower branches last night I saw they were not getting that much light and was a waste of nutrients I’ll put another picture up tonight when the lights cut back on. Thanks for the advice it helps! @anon10428485, I changed the light cycle when they were at 22.5" so they have almost doubled in size by now they are Aprox. 40 inches. I think I could of kept the canopy more even with all the other shoots better than I did. That probably would of controlled the height a little better.

2 Likes