Strawberry kush and Blueberry CBD in DWC

Thought I would start a journal of this new grow. Just started almost a week ago and pretty happy so far. This is the first time growing these strains first indica and cbd strains overall too. I’ve been growing a few other strains from ILGM in the past years with pretty decent results. Maybe a journal will help me keep on track and not over feed at some point. So let’s get started.

DWC, right now in single 7 gallon bucket for first 2 weeks then move to separate 7 gallon bucket (12 gallon hdx tote 7 gallon approximately)
Strains: Strawberrykush and Blueberry cbd
Lights: 18/6 seedling LED diy 86w 4000k, veg 276w true watts burple light, flower mars hydro tsl-2000 (300w)
Nutes: hydroguard; TRUE signal and calmag complete; GHE 3-part, florablend, Floralucious plus, diamond nectar, armor si, koolbloom and dry koolbloom
4-watt air pump to 2 10" air stones, and I’m cheap I reuse my 10" air stones till they bubble funny and I can’t clean them.
No fans in seedling space will be adding, 16" circulation fan in flower
Ac infinity t6 exhaust and t4 intake on independent controllers
I usually do not flush or change water, unless there is an issue, till the end of the grow. When I split plants I fill the bucket to 8 gallons with plants raised and then pump 4 gallons to new bucket and back fill with fresh water in each bucket. I use RO and average 5-12 ppm. I found tap water is very usable but with a blank slate per say its usually easier to manage Ph for me.

Enough typing if there aren’t pictures it isn’t really real right?

Strawberry kush

3 Likes

Looking good so far. :+1:

Dont you hate it when you hit save too soon by mistake.
A few more pictures

Strawberry Kush roots

Then the Blueberry CBD

Added a rough cut piece of panda plastic to block some light leak through the yellow top. Will cut a better one tomorrow.

4 Likes

Did it again…

3/9-3/12 TDS 15ppm Ph 7ish on liquid test

3/13 15ml micro 20ml gro 35ml florablend 5ml armor si TDS 350ppm Ph 6.5

Set to watch. I have 20 Strawberry kush fems that I ordered when ILGM had them 10 for 10. Probably won’t drop them until at least August. :+1:

3 Likes

@Bulldognuts that sounds like a sale I hit up. I’m up to 6 strains from ILGM now. I also picked up chocolope seeds at the same time that I haven’t grown before. Now I just need more space.

1 Like

Yep, I started with a 4x4 tent and a couple 450 Viparspectra’s. I’m now in a 4x8, I have built 2 DIY led lights, I’m running a portable a/c unit, a whole house humidifier, 2 ac infinity 6" inline fans, 18" oscillating fan all of this in a little over a year. I’ve got the Strawberry, 20 Northern Lights, 20 Skywalker OG all bought when ILGM had the 10 for 10 deals. Also have some Green Crack and Granddaddy purple seeds left from current grow. Good Luck and be careful you may go down the rabbit hole like me LOL.

1 Like

Be careful before you know it you will have around 600 seeds like me. :flushed::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Lol ya that is how it goes right? I started with a single burple 2000w no name led light and a couple seeds from a bag. 6 years later I’m about where you are but I haven’t put a diy light in place yet. It’s on the soon list but I have a couple more things to do first. I have a have a mini split system in this space I will kick on when needed.

@MrPeat ya I’m well on my way there!

2 Likes

I need to force myself to not buy more seeds. I have 4 orders inbound but the deals was to hard to pass up. I need to redo my seed bank.

2 Likes

Have to buy in bulk. It’s not just for toiletries.

1 Like

You would think I took a run to Costco to get seeds if you saw my collection. Buying in bulk is an understatement. Definitely can tuen into an addiction real fast. But no wife, no girlfriend and no kids so I can afford to buy at will.

4 Likes

:joy::grin::joy: Point made @Bulldognuts,
@ItsPat, sounds like a tasty line-up, good vibes and good luck :v:

2 Likes

I need to get in bed. I stayed up to late yesterday morning doing some gardening. I stayed up this morning so I could get my 4 GC’s out of tent and in the dark.

2 Likes

I could see that being much easier to do in that situation. I’m in the other group, wife, kids, dogs, cat, cinder block fence. But as the cost of 20-25 seeds is much less then what I would spend in a dispensary in a month it’s easier for me to justify the cost of the seeds, pretty much whenever I want.

5 Likes

Well had to move these girls to the flower room a little early. But I’ve been reading that I might be able to get a decent sized but faster harvest just leaving the girls alone to grow. In the past I’ve gone with a 6-8 week veg period with a bunch of HST and LST. I’m going to just grow these two out so I think moving to flower a little early will work out ok.

They still drinking the same water. Same ph 6.5 same ppm 350. Later this week they will get a little more food and light.

Blueberry CBD roots

Strawberry Kush

2 Likes

Here we are almost a month later, moving along very slow on the 12/12 schedule too early and off to the side about 3 feet from the light.

Now we should see some rapid growth. One of my other plants harvested so I can lower the light and move these right under the light. As they are so small I don’t plan on topping or anything at this point. Later this week they will get separated to finish off the grow.

2 Likes

24 hours later, I think they are taking to the more light just fine.

2 Likes

Finally got the girls in their own buckets. CDB is a little smaller as she was on the outside. Purple haze is photo bombing again just about ready to harvest on her final RO flush before chop. Once Purple Haze is chopped these girls will get a bit more light.

1 Like

Wow time flies by… here we are just about 2 weeks later.

The big girl is the strawberry kush, little wide one is blueberry CBD. Both have just been trimmed up from the bottom first few nodes. No topping or FIM 12/12 from seed.

Strawberry kush

Blueberry cbd

3 Likes