Strange plant from clone

Hey folks! Newbie grower here, dealing with one White Widow autoflower that I’m currently harvesting. Mother plant is great, took a cutting a while back to experiment with cloning (I know autoflowers aren’t preferred for this). Was thrilled that the cutting rooted, but the plant she’s turning into looks nothing like the mother, or frankly any weed I’ve seen. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

3 Likes

Clones will spit out one finger leaves and are genetically the same age as the mother when taken. I’ve never seen anyone get much off cloning an auto. It’s more a waste of nutrients and light than they’re worth or what you would get from another auto in the same size pot. With photoperiod plants, you can make them reveg and treat like it’s own plant. With an auto, you can’t control veg and flower and that’s the reason most people don’t bother cloning them :v::bear:

4 Likes

Thank you, Matty. As I said, was just kinda pleased I got a clone to root, but puzzled by the plant. At least I knw down the road I can actually clone a plant! :wink: Thanks for the input…

1 Like

What light schedule are you on…?
I know it’s an auto , but it looks like it might be in between an auto and a photo…
Put it on a 18/6 light schedule and see how it go’s…
Plant looks good and what you are seeing is normal when you take clones from flowering plants… :wink::+1:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s not flowering , its trying to re vegg… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, peachfuzz. I really don’t expect flowering or anything from the clone, was just surprised that the leaves look so different…

1 Like