Strange leaf development

Hi, I have one of four plants having issues leaves are yellowing and twisting they are 8 weeks old an just beginning to flower. I just switched to 12/12 last week. Ph is 7. I’m using fox farm nutrients temp is good. Is this something I should be concerned about?

2 Likes

Please fill this out
A few things can cause your issue

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No

If you can, upload a picture of your plant. It helps the diagnosis, if needed.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Heres a guide should help you determine

This is AK47 started from seed. ILGM stock. Soil based, 1200 w viperaspecta led light — fox farm nutrients (tiger bloom) Using recommend strength every other watering. Just starting an increased potassium regiment at1/2 tsp/gal. I use a moisture meter to determine schedule, but basically they get 1/2 gallon each every 2 days. They are in 7 gallon smart pots, ph 7. Humidity averages 40-60% temp fluctuates b/w 68 and 80 (dark/light) 4x4x80” tent. 250 cfm ventilation at 2/3 speed.

Your ph is a bit high
I perfer to maintain around 6.5- 6.6 myself
What are you ising to determine ph not the probe meter i hope ?
Also you should water tilm you have run off tben let dry out this could yake 2-3 days depending on size of plants @Newman444

2 Likes

PH is what I see too

1 Like

I am using a digital ph meter (probe) What do you use to lower your ph? I gave her extra nutrients 50% more this morning. So let her dry out a little and lower ph?

Your pH is high. The sweet spot for soil is 6.5, but it can range safely between 6.2-6.8. You can use pH up & down, made specifically for plants, or in a pinch, you can try filtered cider vinegar added to your h20/nutes. Go easy, though. Maybe use a 1/4 tsp to measure & add a bit, check, add a bit, check.

2 Likes

I use ph up and down to adjust mine
In my opinion its the best way to adjust ph
Can tou post a picture of your meter
Is it a dual probe soil type meter just with a digital display?

1 Like

I’m at work right now, but this is the one I have been usingimage

1 Like

Unfortunately, those meters aren’t the most accurate.

Guess I should have spent the extra $50…

1 Like

I found “PH down” at my local grow supply and purchased a different ph meter. My Plants wake up at 8pm, I’ll let you guys know what I find out tonight! Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

I suppose I should have asked. What PH meter do you recommend? I can always return this one.

1 Like

I got the cheap yellow one from amazon for 20 usd I got a tds meter and digital pH meter. Get a bottle of 7.0 calibrating solution. For like 10 usd also

1 Like

I use an Apera.

2 Likes

I agree with @blackthumbbetty you should pick up a digital meter for water
Something like this one
Many own and use this model and like it
I have one much more expensive so i wont bother listing it here @Newman444
Tag me when you do your testing if im around ill help you out

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-Value-Pocket-Tester/dp/B078NPH1W3

3 Likes

Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Yep, you guys are good! @blackthumbbetty @Sirsmokes my two rock stars are at 6.7, one at 6.2, and my problem child is at 5.6. My tap water is 7.1 and I assume I need to do a flush of the 5.6 pot, my question now is do I raise the ph of my tap water to flush or just put 2 gallons through at 7.1? I’ll read the article on flushing.

@Newman444 you don’t want to run that pH try 6.5 first flush 2 to 3 tines your pot size so if you have a 3 gallon pot use 6 to 9 gallons of pH water then check runoff. There are many people who have grown with mg products. The reason many mmj growers try to stay away from them is because how their nitrogen is from my understanding

2 Likes