Strange development

What would cause search a radical difference in plants? Same seeds from same order, white widow auto flower, same size containers, same reservoir for water and nutrients, germinated/planted at the same time yet one plant is twice as tall and pretty well in the budding the plant in front of it is about half its size very early in budding, and the other two plants as you can se eare much denser and just starting to show signs of budding. Coco medium, sprouted/planted 5 weeks ago,16 hours lightx8 dark, 1000 led, 4x4 room. What the heck> I can deal with it but it would have been nice if they were on the same “page”. If it is the seeds I have 10 more of these seeds and wonder if I count on them for my grow timing.

3 Likes

Different phenos wothin the same strain.
Example: Mother and father have three boys. All the boys will show different traits. Some may be taller like there dad while others may have blonde hair like there mom.

5 Likes

Exactly what @anon86641082 mentioned. Like a puppy litter, they will all look different even though same mom and dad

3 Likes

Out of about 30 grows it’s never happened before. I understand and expect small differences buddy these are radical differences I do appreciate your reply however happy Thanksgiving to you

2 Likes

Most of today’s modern auto strains are a mix of all 3 major strains of cannabis, Sativa, Indica, and Ruderalis. Sometimes one strain shows more than the others. The one in the back seems to be leaning more toward Sativa and maybe more of the Ruderalis as both are more leggy with wide node spacing. (generally speaking of course.)

3 Likes

Thats why people Pheno hunt, so they can pick the best out of the bunch. If you really want to keep one of them phenos, just clone it and grow 4 clones.

Happy Thanksgiving my friend and happy growing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your time and information

2 Likes

These are auto flowers and not really cloneable that I know of but I do appreciate your time and effort

2 Likes

I’m still rolling with phenos. :wink:

2 Likes

Oops my bad, I totally missed that. Good luck with the rest of your grow

3 Likes

Just like if u have kids buddy. They won’t come out to be exactly the same no matter what unless taken from a mother plant seeds never grow the same unless u have awesome awesome genetics and still u’ll see differences between 2 of the same seeds. Ww autos grow crazy big if u haven’t grown them yet the stretch is gonna be nuts. Be prepared lol

I have had several WW grows and several auto grows but in my limited experience 30 or so grows I have never witnessed this large a disparity in the same seed pack. Leaf structure is very close bur plant shape, size, and development is very different. As you can see the tall plant is about budding nicely the one in front of it is in bud but the 2 other plants that are short and much thicker are way behind. In fact the rear right is just starting to show signs where as the tallest one has been in bud for a couple of weeks and is closer to being “on schedule” for this ww auto.They have all had the same treatment. From genetics I understand the variables but if these were my children I would wonder who was stopping by while I was gone, if you know what I mean. Thanks for your response and I hope you have a great holiday season.

2 Likes

I’m no good deficiency picker lol but seems to me like all the leaves I can see and make out appear to be tacod might be a slight issue somewhere that is not bad yet. Might not. Maybe the smaller ones have an issue the others don’t idk. All my autos always grow diff from the other. Same seeds diff looking plants always lol. Zkittlez autos is about the only one I grew that was fairly consistany but was a stretcher bad my fastbuds autos came out loo kk ing super similar tho