Strain Smoking Report

Hey Job. From what I’ve gathered you will want to keep a close eye on your trichs when your getting ready to harvest. Trichs will be clear then cloudy and finally start turning amber color. Once you start to see the amber stage, your thc % will start to decrease and cbd % will start to increase. Don’t let all the trichs turn amber. Maybe 50-75% with remainder cloudy. That should help move your percentages more to cbd rather than thc. If you let them all turn amber, you need to harvest asp. You may already know that but, just trying to help.

@mogro Thank you. I thought I did wait to that point but probable didn’t. I got 2 strains that say they are suppose to be 7-8 % both THC and CBD and one that states 5% THC 10% CBD. They are just seedlings now so we’ll find out november ish?

We’re both talking trich color and not pistal color, right ?

@mogro correct

There is another lab in Chicago. Let me know if anyone is interested. Peace

1 Like

@Mattl
By all means share… Thanks…:sunglasses:

1 Like

You have to be in Illinois with a a card. It is Oglio lab.

After chopping my last grow yesterday I razor bladed my scissors and got a nice little scissor hash ball about the size of an air soft BB.
OMFG tasted so good just like hash from back in the day. Haven’t tasted anything that good in a long time. Also OMFG I quickly became unfunctional so high had to go to bed slept like a baby. A little bit of Lowryder mixed with Northernlights. Both ILGM seeds. Can’t wait to see how the bud is gonna be.

6 Likes

Welcome @mogro i have similar strains so ill add you to my watching.
My second grow
Cheers blackmoon

I’ll let you know, bud. Will try to post some pics soon.

I’m one of those guys from the sixties but I’m looking forward to trying this new stuff. During the Vietnam war a soldier smuggled some weed back when he returned home. I’m guessing some sort of Thai strain. I’m not greedy. If I can get close to that in my grow, that will be fine.

I have been doing a little experiment with the drying and curing processus.
Mainly I have been comparing buds dried regularly and cured regularly VS dried regularly and cold cured VS cold dried and cold cured.

Here are my (non scientific) results. The strain was Purple Haze by ILGM.

First of all : I am in no way an expert. This is just a fun experiment and my take on these 3 different methods. My taste buds are all screwed from 40 years of heavy tobacco smoking… so take this as it it, a fun experiment!

Just so the different temperatures does not mess with the results, I rolled the joints yesterday and left them on my desk to get to room temperature.

First : Smell test in the jar :

Regular dried and cured : You can discern a slight fruity smell and lots of “spice”. Kind of earthy smell
with a hint of berry… Power of smell : 7/10

Regular dried and cold cured : Same smell as the first but with more hints of “pine scent”. Might be the
cold, but the scent is more define… Power of smell : 8/10

Cold dried and cold cured : Same as the other two but a lot fainter. And there’s a lot less “woodsy”
smell to it. Also more of the hay smell that chlorophyll brings… Power of
smell : 3/10

And now, taste test :

Regular dried and cured : Very smooth on the intake. I get a bit of spice, a bit of fruity sweetness and a
faint taste of berry on the exhale. Taste is good and quite pleasant.

Regular dried and cold cured : Even smoother on the intake and noticeably sharper on the flavors. I
would describe it as clearer, almost fresher… If you’re so inclined, it
would be easier to appreciate all the flavors in this one as they are a lot
more defined.

Cold dried and cold cured : Also very smooth on the intake. But this one looses in complexity. The
taste is sharper than the regular dry and cure but I get more of a hay taste
that seems to overpower all the others. It’s subtle but you can taste the
chlorophyll a lot more in this sample.

My own conclusion : The regular dry and cold cure takes the crown! :crown:
Followed by the regular dry and cure and last place the cold dry and cold cure!

Now, don’t mistake me… they are all very potent anyways! And now, I am well and truly baked my friends… :partying_face:

16 Likes

Wanted to update everyone about Sugar black rose.

I’ve ordered seeds. This one has hit the favorites list. Made some edibles as well. Nice, relaxing and definately makes a difference sleeping.

Can’t wait to grow it.

4 Likes

I’ve read a lot of interest about this strain

Definitely interested…

1 Like

Strain : Chocolope
Seed bank : ILGM
Indoor/Outdoor : Indoor
Medium (coco, soil, hydro…) :
Super soil
Flowering time : 13 weeks (extended veg)
Cured/not cured : Cured.

Aroma - Fruity, pine, vanilla, coffee, slight undertone of diesel.

Smoke - Very smooth on the inhale, slight flavours of vanilla, a tiny hint of diesel, with a mild spice to the exhale.

High - It’s a Sativa high,
within 10 - 15 minutes my blood was pumping, I could hear my own pulse rhythmically escalating,
I had no plans to do anything,
but I soon made some, got loads of work done. The 1st hour of the high was packed with energy,
then mellowed into an uplifting cerebral high, which brightened my disposition, making me chatty
(I’m not a social person)
Then the munchies kicked in and I felt like there was not enough chocolate in the Universe to satisfy me :laughing:
High lasted about 3 - 4 hours.
Then, the come down was rough, because I had expended so much energy, I was feeling lethargic and could easily have slept.

Attributes -
Energy
uplifting
social
munchies
aphrodisiac

Good vibes, keep it green :v:

11 Likes

Thank you sir! Very nice and detailed report! :thinking:
Makes me want to grow some Chocolope… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thanks Kap, I was going to wait until fully cured and do a report on before and after cure, but as always, I got high and forgot :joy:

2 Likes

@Enlightened420… Agreed nice very detailed job there bud… Thanks for a smoken smoke report…

1 Like

You “age” the papers too. :clock11:

I don’t quite get the question?.. The container you see, goes into the freezer…up to 8 jars with 20 prerolls per jar…I pull stock as needed…some of those will end up for +/- 2 years in there…I have more than 1 container…:wink::sunglasses::v:

3 Likes