Storing seeds over the winter

How do you see moisture, is it like condensation? You keep opening the mason jars until moisture is gone?
why do the jars have to breath?

I printed this out, thank you so much for taking the time to type it all out. I will follow this plan, you’re a gem!

1 Like

Yes, it is like condensation.

The goal is to allow the buds to dry slowly. Because of this, there will still be some moisture left in the buds when you place them in the jars.

After jarring them, you will notice that they seem to feel more moist than when you put them in. This actually tripped me out the first time I tried this. Long story short, that first cure dried too quickly and the taste suffered for it.

The jars help even out the rest of the drying process. The breathing of the jars is to allow that remaining moisture time to escape. Sometimes, if I feel there is more moisture than I expected, I will remove the buds from the jar during the breathing time. Rotate the order you replace the buds when returning them to the jar. Not sure how important that last part is, but it eases my mind, so that’s what I do.

The breathing help to avoid mold forming. Please don’t forget to let the jars breathe until the buds are dry.

I know mine are done when I can take a bud out and it easily breaks apart. It will still feel a little bit moist, but if it breaks apart easily you should be good. I believe it’s the stickiness of the THC crystals (tricombes? Forget how it’s spelled right now.) is the reason it still feels moist.

I get a bit wordy sometimes, but you were clear in how little you know. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask. There are many helpful people here that take great pleasure in helping you learn how to grow your own remedies.

The only foolish question is the one you don’t ask, when you need the answer…

Sorry if you said it. I skim. I’m a skimmer are those little silica packets like in beef jerky something that could be used? I’m sure they sell them somewhere

Technically, yes. It starts with a D lol, I can’t think of the name of those packets though! :thinking:

1 Like

the ones in beef jerkey are silica gel…designed to soak up excess water

https://www.amazon.com/Packs-1GrCotton-20pk-Silica-Desiccants-Packets/dp/B004FC5VT4

1 Like

Lmao the d was for dry? :joy:

1 Like

Guy I knew when I was a kid got those hose that only go up to the knee put a couple cups of rice in it wrapped a paper towel around it and swore it dried his bud faster then any other way . But we did call him crazy Bob so I don’t know

4 Likes

I’ll print out this page too. This is exactly what I wanted. A detailed step by step explaination of what to do. I really appreciate it and also for all in input from the others. My tricomes are changing shape, some are not round any more, some still look like balls

1 Like

Could you post a picture of the “balls” you’re talking about? I’m curious to see them :v:

2 Likes

It’s raining right now, will do when plant drys off.

The balls I was talking about is what someone told me awhile back trichomes I think but I forgot the word, for them They were clear as suppose to be, now have kind of spiky ends, not all of them. I ordered the microscope as suggested but it was delayed. Sept 15th delivery. I’m watching so none turn amber. Here’s some pictures, it rained so they are wet.

Looks great to me! :v:

what do you do with the leaves closes to plant? On several of the video’s I watch, they put them in a bowl to make Hash, what ever that is and also put in food like brownies. do you put the raw leaves in food or do you cure them first in a paper bag/jars, etc.

There are a ton of things you can do with left over marijuana leaves. I personally like to make a smoothie once a while. You can make hash with “bubble bags” or if you are creative enough you can do it with cheese cloth and coffe filters. Some people make tea with their leaves, actual drinking tea, not compost tea lol! You can make RSO with them, which is great for its medicinal qualities. I’d love to make flour from the excess leaves, I make a lot of cakes, breads, and dough. Weed flour is the next big thing! :v:

Oops. Behave jheezy

Wow, do you have a site here that has recipes for all that? I’m unfamiliar with bubble bags & RSO, will look it up. But do you put in in brownies raw or do you cure it?

I’ll see if I can find some good links for you :wink:

1 Like

Here is a link for bubble bags,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U2YZFDQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2WRS4X4C0GMOQ

Here is a video for the bubble bags,

Here is the website for RSO, the actual website!
http://phoenixtears.ca/

Here is a link for more info on Decarboxylation,

And here are some recipes for your leaves,

I hope this helps! :v:

@latewood I hope these are acceptable links, if not, please let me know and I will find others or simply remove! Just trying to help my grandma out :wink::v: