Storing nutrients already mixed

Hi I’m having to go away working for a week, I have someone to water my girls half way through the week I’m away, problem is they can’t and won’t mix nutrients for me so my plan is (which I feel is not great) to mix the nutrients before I go so they only need to water them
I’ve purchased an aquarium air pump and air stones to try and keep nutrients mixed the mix will sit there for 3 or 4 days before being used
Question is will this be ok as a one off solution?
@Covertgrower @monkman @dbld55

1 Like

I think alot of people try to use containers or gallon jugs to store pre mixed nutes. But since you have air and circulation then I think your good to go. If it was stagnant and sitting then you have the possibility of algae or mold

1 Like

The more troublesome thought is the ph change over time.
You can add some ph buffering ingredients like like lime, then bring ph back to where it should be. It’ll be more stable with more minerals in it. If you have very hard water, it’s more stable than say reverse osmosis water which has no mineral content at all.
@MattyBear

4 Likes

i got nothing for this… maybe one of these guys do

@dbrn32 @Oldsoldier1976 @Killadruid

1 Like

I would measure out the nutrients and approximate pH adjustment (each component is a seperate container!) and have it available for your assistant to simply add to the prescribed amount of water and stir.

That takes the responsibility off of them but keeps your plants safe.

4 Likes

@Kentishlion I think @imSICKkid is right. You are only gone a week. All you would really need for them to do is keep the water level up enough. Just show them how to match the PH in the DWC. Your plant can go a week with the nutes you have given it and it has stored in it’s stems. It is really a short period you are leaving. The really important thing your friend needs to do is make sure the air is still working and what to do if it stops.

5 Likes

I dont think they have a DWC. I think they added the air stone so the water won’t sit still

2 Likes

You could always do a drip system while your gone with like a 2 liter bottle attached to a garden spike. My plants only eat once every 4 to 5 days so a week shouldn’t be to terrible to come up with an idea. I don’t remember who but someone was just away for a bit and used a couple 20oz soda bottles with the watering spikes and they said it worked great

2 Likes

Any thought to just giving them feed before you leave and when you come back, then just having your plant tender give them a watering?

7 Likes

@dbrn32 thanks for that I was thinking to do that in the first place so that’s what I’m going to do

2 Likes

I agree with what @dbrn32 said. It’s easier to have your plant sitter just give plain water :wink:

4 Likes

I’m about to do the same. Nutes just before leaving, and the “friend” will water with distilled. No need to pH.

2 Likes

@Drinkslinger @covertgrower @Oldsoldier1976 @MattyBear @dbrn32 @monkman @imSICKkid gentleman ive now returned from holiday/vacation and again thanks for your help and support on the watering issue I’m very pleasantly surprised what I can home to being my second grow the buds to me are looking in good shape, I’m not sure how long before harvest but I’ll check everyday any of you guys know how long I might have to wait?

this one is the LSD strain

5 Likes

I would figure a couple more weeks just judging by the white pistols. Just watch your tricomes…on the buds…not the leafs.

4 Likes

I’d say 3 to 4 weeks left maybe shorter

4 Likes

My guess is also 3-4 weeks, however if you get her to start Fox tailing, I would allow her to go a little longer. They really can start putting on more weight last minute. @Kentishlion

1 Like

Definitely no need to be checking trichs every day yet. Wait until your pistils are receding.

1 Like

Love this forum, there’s another word I’ve learned fox tailing @Covertgrower but what is the fox tailing process

@Kentishlion This post shows examples and several knowledgeable posters in that thread. It should help.

2 Likes

@Killadruid @imSICKkid @MattyBear @monkman @Covertgrower
Good evening gentlemen last couple of days I’ve noticed one of my girls leaves are dying back do any of you know why? It’s only the one the rest are fine. They are only a week or two away from harvest. See photo

it is one of the ones that I posted about 3 weeks ago that is post in this thread
Thanks in advance

1 Like