Storing Nute water

im guilty of the paint mixer and cordless. i also wondered about the bubbles it produces. stoned minds think alike

3 Likes

@trj7714 @oldguygettingbackin

From the research Iā€™ve done, even shaking a bottle of water re-oxygenates the water, so using a drill should def aerate the water!!!

4 Likes

@trj7714 @oldguygettingbackin The surface of water being broken is what adds oxygen to water. That is what an air pump does is a bubble rises breaks the water surface and surrounding oxygen is taken in by water. The actual bubble does not add any oxygen it is the surrounding oxygen that is taken in when surface is broken. So yes you are adding oxygen because you are breaking the surface with the paint miixer.
I know this from having fish tanks.

5 Likes

Hereā€™s a tip you donā€™t have to shake the jug to mix ( except a few light shakes at the end ) just get solo cups pour it half way full mix in each of your parts( stir with a spoon between each) and the amount of ph drops then pour it back in the jug

2 Likes

I let a gallon of Fox Farm liquid trio nutrients sit for a week once, Iā€™ll never do it again tho. The plant reacted fine as usual, but the smell was rancid. It smelt awful and it came out of the buds too after I fed with the nutes. I wouldnā€™t let it sit longer than a week. Personally tho, I wait until Iā€™m about to feed now and just pH it on the spot and then feed. All in all, u can let it sit if u want, not too long tho and be prepared for an unpleasant odor

2 Likes

Ya I made the mistake of trying to save water with fish fert in it for a few days. Even keeping everything moving with a wave maker it still smelt awful.

1 Like