Storage method question

anyone else get tired of having umpteen thousand jars stashed away and make a switch to a diff storage method such as celephane bags or containers ? just looking for some feedback and insight from others who may have made the switch…

1 Like

@Hellraiser you use totes don’t you?

A couple cats in here were just discussing the 5 gal buckets w lids too. I’d I see it again I’ll tag you iffy…

1 Like

I was using very large tupperware bowls for the slow dry and curing but have picked up a few of the 8 liter cvaults so I can give the tupperware back to the wife. They can hold about a pound each (says cvault).

5 Likes

very nice.

im definately liking where this is going… i can only deal with jars in totes on top of other totes for so long and that time has come… need a better solution… i will def check into these… im also checking between celephane and mylar for after cure storage in hopes to stay with only 1 tote or so… jars are great but omg too many…

2 Likes

Nice problem, I wish my issues are storing my harvest…Great grower you are. this hit for you :rofl: :bat:

What are totes@Hellraiser

you will get there believe me… over time the more you practice the better and bigger they seem to get until your shuffling around 40 - 50+ jars stacked inside of totes stacked on top of each other…

2 Likes

We stick to 1lbs per 5 gallon bucket. Keeping the gonja in food grade turkey bags.

3 Likes

Gobble gobble…puff puff!!

2 Likes

are the turkey bags just cellophane and can i just order them from amazon or something similar ?

1 Like

additionally do you twist tie or seal the bags i assume for long term stroage in the buckets ?

1 Like

The picture above is at the trimming table. The bags are pretty easy to find. We get ours at Bi-mart for about $3 for a box of two. They are food grade and will not leach into the flavor of you smoke.

Once we get the amount in the bag we want we will toss in a couple humidity packets. Two little packets and one large packet per bag. Amazon is the easiest way to get these if you are interested.

Once the bud is trimmed we will toss it in the bags/buckets, twist the plastic bag and shut the lid. We burp them about 3 times per day for the first few weeks. Just to make sure everything is looking good. @if3gt4

2 Likes

No clue, not something I use.

fantastic info and its much appreciated…

1 Like

I found these still jars but only one or two jars per plant instead of 9 jars each

they say 120oz on one side and 4 litres on the other

3 Likes

2 Likes

i have thought about using bigger jars but never made the plunge… currently i use the wide mouth quarts stored in large totes and i cant even tell you how many i have packed full at the moment… are those a 1 piece lid ?

1 Like