Storage after curing

Just wondering when storing weed, does anyone have any thoughts on vacuum sealing it in bags with a FOODSAVER? thanks

2 Likes

You can, but ruins the appeal of the flowers, they’ll clump together. If you’re okay with that, then no worries.

3 Likes

I’m thinking about using the jar sealer attachment, then store the jars in the freezer

2 Likes

They’ll retain their shape that way. Myfriendis410 Does something similar I think. @AfgVet

2 Likes

It will eventually get ground up, my only concern is preserving it and how it smokes lol

1 Like

Yup, i didn’t think of that… it would keep them from get squished lol, not sure about the freezer though… thanks for that idea.

1 Like

Some people put the bud in a jar, then just put the jar inside the food sealer bag. This keeps the bud from getting crushed.

I did see a pic somewhere of a freezer door FULL of jars!

1 Like

When you store in the freezer be sure to thaw out completely before opening your containers, if not the buds will turn to mummy dust.

4 Likes

OH! Good to know thanks. I just have a feeling the hubs isn’t going to smoke a lot, although I could be wrong, and I might need some long term storage.

1 Like

I do have something to say on the subject… :thinking::roll_eyes::grinning::rofl::joy::exploding_head:

But I am pretty medicated at this time and I won’t make any sense… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

8 Likes

I use a vacuum sealer but i just seal without the vacuum suction if that makes sense. It’s important to make sure you’re at a consistent rh around 62 before doing this - takes me about a month of curing to hold a low 60s consistently then I store in half oz or oz sealed bags for long term kept in the bottom of a gun case in a closet - no light and cool air sinks. Cheers👍

5 Likes

Yea, i thought about ordering those moisture control things to put in mine.

1 Like

Boveda packs? I’ve used those but read it takes some of the smell away which does seem to be the case so I’m trying this run without to see. Maybe it doesn’t remove the smell but it does seem to change it a bit

2 Likes

I’ve never had issues with my boveda’s. @Sirsmokesalot

1 Like

Less stink might be okay, did it change the smoke?

1 Like

S. M. Stirling fan lol?

Place Saran over jar mouth then seal and ring. Don’t bother with sealer. Freeze in a NON frost free freezer. I’m smoking cannabis I put down in September 2018.

7 Likes

I wish I could say yes, had to google him, might be a fan now!

2 Likes

Not at all - once you grinded the nug up it was packed with flavor but from the outside looking in was the issue. Ima try this round old school then I’ll weigh the difference before settling on which direction I go moving forward

Yeah idk it might just be in my head. Kinda like the extended dark period before chop - there’s opinions on both sides so have to try both ya know?

2 Likes