Stopped growing?

Hello I’m having an issue with my plants. It’s my 1st time growing. I have two autoflower white widow plants growing outside side by side and one seems to be doing fine as the other looks like it stopped growing and leaves are curling. And plant is short the other leaves are bright and airy. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

2 Likes

Once a plant is a few weeks past starting to flower growth will slow down and stop (once the “stretch” is over.) The plant then focuses on maturing the flowers rather than additional growth.

The relative size of the plants isn’t abnormal for autos. You have to take what you get with autos. They don’t tend to get too large since many will flower after 4 - 8 weeks of veg growth.

1 Like

I think it just has to do with pheno-types…I had that happen to me this year too. I had two Gorilla Glues and two Bruce Banners come out the same as yours One was bushy and the other came out like a tall tower with no branching just straight up,One of each did that.

3 Likes

I have 4 blueberry autos and they got pretty big and still not done with there stretch. I’m in the 3rd week of flower and they still getting bigger I will post a picture in a few minutes need my coffee first. Next grow I’m digging out a 10 x4x3 and filling it with ffof and happy frog soils. These autos are in that soil and did really good

2 Likes

That’s a lot of digging.

Here’s my girls. The taller ones have no training the two short ones I topped and lst them. The one I pulled everything off except 4 main stems and this is what they look like this morning

1 Like

I have a little bobcat with attachments

2 Likes

Jealous here :blush:

1 Like

Autos are funny. One on the left is 9 days older, but a good foot and a half shorter. GSCE autos. Happy growing!!

3 Likes

Yeah my auto is about one to one and a half cat lengths tall as well

2 Likes

I’m going with two autos and two photos next grow. Going to stick with the blueberry autos and grabbing a 10 pack of purple haze fem

1 Like

I wanna do photos, I’ve been given a go ahead to set up an 4x8x8 closet. I like the idea of vegging a girl out and training her for maximum harvest.

2 Likes

Did you mix any soils to throw in the ground?
What nutrients are you using if any at all ?
Are you phing your water? I will tag some people that have helped me out a lot. @Hellraiser @BobbyDigital @oldmarine @anon86641082

3 Likes

They look really healthy though they are a little smaller the you would like them to get. But they make nutrients to help them get big. I have tagged a few guys that should be able to help on your next grow. Good luck and happy growing. And welcome to the forum. This is a great place to chill and lots of great people that don’t mind helping you have a successful grow

1 Like

My first purchased seeds were autos. I was extremely disappointed. Nothing grew more than a couple of feet (or ounces).

I don’t plant straight to the ground anymore. I start my plants in quart bags I then put them in at least a 3 gallon bag. If I put the plant outside, I place that pot into a bigger pot (next year they will all be 20 gallon or better).

As you can see, we have very sandy (dusty) soil. Dig down a bit and you’ll hit clay. I knew I would have to amend the soil, so I figured this would be the easiest way.

There is no shock to the plant during transplant (and a lot less stress on the grower). I am using fabric pots because of the phenomenal root development.

I use Happy Frog dry amendments for soil builds and indoor grows and Alaska fish fertilizer for my outdoor grows. I feed my plants at half strength and brew a tea every month or so.

3 Likes

hello
I have grown in the past using clay and plastic pots. we are in heavy gray clay here and I have dug big holes and filled with black dirt and ocean forrest with good results. this past spring I bought 5 gal 7 gal and 15 gal fiber pots at the hydro store. my results were so much better that I broke down and purchsed several 25 and 30 gal pots. while not quite as good of results as putting them direcly into prepared soil it has been close. the plants in 30 gal pots are monsters compared to the 5 gal size. when you do go to the bigger pots I think you will be happy, I know I am

1 Like

I have 3 LSD autos and they are starting to flower and I think one of my plants will pack just one of my bowls as I probably won’t get but one or 2 buds from her. Here are their pics.

1 Like

It looks lile they are starting to flower. Not more leaf growth will happen at this point. The plant will stay about the same size as it is. Flowers will start to produce over the next many weeks.
Great work :wink:
Happy growing…

2 Likes

My autoflowers only get to about 18 to 24 inches when I grow them outdoors, what they lack in height they make up with lots of flowers.

That’s gonna be the bestest bowl ever

1 Like