STOP using nutrients

Growing auto flowers outside and letting nature do her thing is amazing. I use the basic Strawberry Fields soil in a fabric pot. The plant has not asked for nutrients ever. It is a myth that you need to keep adding nutrients to your plant and it’s also a myth that you can’t just start a seedling in the soil. I have done both… this is my first grow outdoors in New York State.

5 Likes

I’m gonna watch this one. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’ve been growing indoors for many years whats very cool about outdoor in New York State the cold nights is bringing out the blue……

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Without constantly adding even a meniscual amount of nitrogen, her fall colors will come out naturally the blues will come out. I might even get purple weed out of a strain that has nothing to do with grape or purple or any of those strains. It’s a northern lights plant. This is the natural process you don’t have to keep adding nutrients through the whole lifecycle of the plant it naturally will do what it needs to do an autumn and fall.

2 Likes

I’m just saying you don’t need to keep buying expensive nutrients. I worked at a hydroponic store. I know it’s a lot of bro science, smoke and mirrors. Peace and Love, people keep it simple.

2 Likes

You dont “need” nutrients. But unless its a super soil, the plant would have grown heavier with the additional nutrients imo

7 Likes

Hey Poseidon Western, New York boy right here living in Cheektowaga. Brother that new hydroponic store where the gun center used to be in Cheektowaga on Harlem Road is amazing…… peace and love, brother

I agree, wholeheartedly. Wait for the plant to tell you what it needs people just going  blindly by the nutrient schedule….. I think is cause of so many problems.
2 Likes

I agree, wholeheartedly. Wait for the plant to tell you what it needs people just going blindly by the nutrient schedule…… I think is cause of so many problems.

I think it depends more on which nutrient and medium. Still love jacks bc of how cheap it is. Ya i know where your at. Im in livingston county.

3 Likes

Yeah, our New York fall got cold quick for my outside stuff. I bring them in at night. I keep them in fabric pots. I had a lot of fun growing outside for the first time. It’s so refreshing to do it when it’s legal🙏 peace and love brother.

2 Likes

Still illegal to grow technically here. There is no guidelines yet and will be able to soon. I said screw it too, new york really messed it all up. Funny how there is places everywhere selling it with signs and all but there still is not one legal recreational dispensary in ny.

4 Likes

Ya the outdoor season is pretty much over…this time of yr always triggers purple, especially after a good frost

2 Likes

Yeah, the Indian reservations got it down to a science. I think you can have up to six plants in New York State legally. :joy: yeah, brother if New York State can find a way to screw it up they will.:upside_down_face::flushed::joy:

I got purple and blue coming out and it’s so damn pretty………

2 Likes

3 mature and 3 immature, with only one exception, a house hold of 2 or more adults the maximum is 6 and 6. But the rules are not established yet.

2 Likes

I know all about the “rez”. Ya they are definitely making out through all this. I go to the one in akron…quite a bit

2 Likes

Lets go Buffalo

we will have to trade genetics someday, my friend, peace and love

3 Likes