Stoner Art: ALL WELCOME!- Stone-Cold Stoners, Pothead Painters, Chronic-Tinged Critics et al

Yes!! Was totally one of a kind
I think I was subconsciously infected
Used to watch him religiously as a kid
I don’t ever remember not watching him

But I never tried to paint until last year lol
No idea why

3 Likes

That is beautiful …love that she painted you and her fishing
Beautiful !!

2 Likes

Her and I are best friends :blush:

4 Likes

That is also beautiful …sounds like she has the best person to love and look up to

Awesome you take her fishing !! Make awesome memories

1 Like

That picture is at our pond!!

1 Like

Thanks for the compliments and the recognition everyone. Always an honor to inspire, @Borderryan ,thanks for doing an artist right. SkullPulse on Instagram, I’m doing the Denver Pancakes and Booze Show and always looking for places and events to show. @Lacewing you have a great feel for composition and atmospheric rendering, and the way you talk about paint tells me have and are about to again level up.

4 Likes

This entire statement …is such a great thing to hear from A truly great artist.Thank you very much .

I have been jonesing to get back to it really…
And it’s very strange that I feel the exact way you put it …

And don’t you even sometimes look at your own work with a critical corrective eye ?

People have told me I’m crazy for pointing out my own mistakes but I think it’s healthy

Love your work man and I’m gonna go follow for inspiration

Weird name just so you have a heads up

2 Likes

@Lacewing Critical eye never goes away, just make sure it drives your work and doesn’t derail it. As for weird, that’s pretty much my whole gig, so mission accomplished!

7 Likes

Hahaha …that is brilliantly weird …love it … ever do any beaker ? Just wondering what his puppet master would look like .Lol
God that is cool

And yeah I think that’s where I was going …critique it for future improvement
That is also one of those paintings that everytime you look there’s something you didn’t see before

Also may I ask if this is mixed media?

1 Like

@Lacewing this one is acrylic, the others are colored pencil except of course the costume.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Screen name checks out !!!

Haha those are gorgeous such nice work !!!

2 Likes

That seahorse is AWESOME!!
Nice work!!
All the artwork on display here is!

I have zero art skills! :rofl:

2 Likes

A few I’ve done sittin around. My daughter asked for an octopus painting

6 Likes

I like them all …but my favorite is your first posted pic …that is gorgeous

Ok tho can’t decided between that and the octopus painting which is brilliant and beautiful art work too !!

2 Likes

Thank you, it was hot out and I wanted something cold and this is what came of it.
I like drawing and painting although for the last 2 years been remodeling the house we bought which was a complete disaster.
My brother’s years ago talked me into doing tattoos and I didn’t really enjoy the clients and soon started doing paint on custom motorcycles and then the economy killed that, also I only want to paint what I want not what someone else wants. Now my passion is learning to make stuff from weed. Maybe I will paint this winter.

1 Like

Ohhhh please you have to
Especially when you smoke your growth !! Lolol
I haven’t picked the brush up again yet but changing that within the next few days

The other work you were doing …I don’t blame you I have family that are tat artists it’s not easy …
The custom bike work sounds cool and must have been a really great experience.
I totally get it too about having time which is why I haven’t painted either …but you are very talented i was zooming on all your work and it’s beautiful !!

I also have never painted an underwater or winter scene yet …since my location is close to the beach I’d like to try amd do some really nice lighthouses and ocean/beach scenes there are a lot of really large vacation homes around here and I think there may be a market …however I am not driven by money …I just want people to like my work

1 Like

The custom painting was fun. I painted stuff for budweiser racing, a Zambezi for a local ice rink, goalie masks for hockey players. All great fun.
Please share your work when you do, I would love to see it.
I’ve used some watercolor but use mostly acrylic. I think oil can do more but I don’t want to deal with the solvents. On some I’ve used several mediums on same canvas. Ink pen, water color, airbrush. My kids and friends grab what I do before the paint is dry so I don’t think I have anything I’ve done in this house.

1 Like

That alone speaks volumes

So…I was of the same mindset at first .
But actually I don’t even use solvents except for once at the end when I wash my brushes
And that is gamsol
During painting I keep 2 of everything
I for light
1 for dark
In between colors I use an old towel to clean the brush off and also a blue shop towel roll to clean excess pigment before using it in another color .it’s not necessary to “beat the devil” out of it …I think a lot of that was for time .the thing I love about oil…is it takes some time to dry it’s very very easy to correct mistakes and blending colors on the canvas can be fun and idk…if you get a chance somehow to try it if you never have …I also just like how the paint is workable with wet into wet paint …the only other thing I may use well I do use is linseed oil to thin a color for like a script liner rather than odorless thinner

There’s also natural alternatives for oils other than the solvents even the odorless ones still have fumes …so it bothered me at first too …but I’ll do that outside when I’m done …
I can usually do a few paintings over a 2-4 day period and never wash a single brush …it’s oil so it takes FOREVER to dry

2 Likes

love the octopus

2 Likes