Stomper's ILGM Jack Herer and White Widow Scrog

Saw some folks using long funnels for scrogs so I made this out of left over 1/2" pvc, a half gallon milk jug and electrical tape.

I can water up to 5’ away :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Well look at that backwoods ingenuity :hammer_and_wrench::hammer_and_wrench::paperclips::round_pushpin::framed_picture:

3 Likes

Remember the clones …

3 Likes

One of the Jack got stretched too far across the trunk and it split down almost to the next node down. I taped it and tied it up. Nothing looks like it’s dying so I just hope I can save these two main branches. I’ll get pics later when I get mobile.

1 Like

I love the way those plants grow on the LED! I absolutely got to give it a try this spring/summer in my veg tent! Good luck with the plant Stomper :thumbsup:

1 Like

Those are my original LEDs. I wish I had gotten two Mars 300s instead tho. These do the job in my 30" x 30" tent but are not effective in my big tent. I have to keep them 10" from the plants to get this growth so the footprint is small and one of the plugs looks scary now anodizing. Would have saved $250 to do the same job.

1 Like

Been 12 days of 12/12 now. Time for an update …

4 Likes

Moving right along. I have not been very good about being timely as this is running almost the same as the Bubbelicious Scrog did. Things to note from this round are sativa is way more susceptible to splitting the stem if you LST or try to push it too far. Got a plan to solve that in mind tho.

Second, mixing heavy indica and heavy sativa in the same Scrog makes lighting evenly tough. The Widow did not stretch near as much. The plan solves that too. I’m liking this plan.

Third, my LEDs that were not near enough for the big tent are killing it in the 30"x30" tent. That fits with the plan very nicely.

So first some update pics, then the plan. Sound like a plan? Cool.

The clone zone…

Now, The Plan. Once this Scrog is harvested I am going to bring the mini clones in the big tent to veg. I will set up six WW for the Scrog and put four JH in 3 gal pots to wait for the small tent which I will set to flower as soon as i move out the mini me clones. One tent will always be vegging and one flowering. I am going to start some of the BBL seeds too so I will have three varieties going at all times, one heavy indica, one sativa, and one that is about half and half.

I need a new strain name for the BBL as it is not true to that strain. The momma was supposed to be 75% sativa but it grows like WW till it stretches then it goes up like the Jack. The father is unknown so I’m thinking I’m calling it Longbottom Leaf.

4 Likes

Love the look of your scrog, I’m a first time grower, growing durban poison, and I’m going to start my scrog as soon as my string turns up, yours look great, I’m more concerned about what leaves I can clear from the bottom

Anything under the main canopy that gets little to no light can be removed. The soft buds underneath will never mature anyway and go into the sugar leaf bucket for hash.

You can get a better look at my process in depth from my Bubbelicious 4x4 Scrog journal. It has more detail and this one followas that style. More learning stuff and a short hijack to go thru but a good step by step for scroging.

2 Likes

Here’s this weeks update … sugar is forming everywhere. The Jack needs to swell up more but it sativa so …

The clones …

4 Likes

See how flat every leaf is stretched out? I use this angle view to see if it’s time to water. Before they go into full droop that view wil get all angled downward.

3 Likes

5 weeks since the end of stretch now. The WW is already going thru maturity die back, the Jack is starting to put on big weight finally :metal:

10 Likes

looking good there @Stomper

1 Like

Woow :heart_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :tongue: :+1: :ok_hand: :v: very nice and they are pretty healthy looking too @Stomper

~Al :v: :innocent:

1 Like

Thanks, can’t even tell one of the plants has a huge split in the main trunk too :flushed:

2 Likes

The WW was completely cloudy with a bit over 75% red hairs so because I was out of smoke, have company coming and facing serious overcrowding in the veg tent, I harvested it. The Jack will need two or three more weeks tho.

I put the four big clones in three gal pots with FFOF under the Scrog. I wil harvest in three weeks, then the WW will be ready in 60 days or less then two more Jack 30 days or so later. Every time I harvest two I put two more clones back in and I have a harvest every thirty days if I do it right.

10 Likes

@stomper nice harvest, bro looking good!

1 Like

You must be a carpenter because you’re nailing it!

At least taking the one early is going to provide you with a good daytime smoke…

5 Likes

I took a branch a week ago to make sure I had some ready. It is almost too strong. Kicking my butt like old school stoner smoke. The rest has seven more days ripe on it so I will see you in May :sunglasses: when I get off the couch.

4 Likes