Stomper Scrog - Time to Time the Harvest

May 21 -

Just starting to see the odd red hair here no there. Maturity dieback is starting on the lower fan leaves. Hoping for harvest around the middle of June.

10 Likes

May 30 -

Hairs are still mostly white. Buds are big but need more swelling up. Trichs are still clear …

I am hoping for 6/15 harvest date. Do you think we’ll make it?

8 Likes

If that’s your target date, are you starting to starve her yet?

1 Like

I was just debating that with my cat this morning. She will be mad when the fan leaves die cuz she uses them for fur ball meds. They will need water tomorrow so I will go with fresh only from here out.

2 Likes

Cutting her food should help the trichs color up. You could always freeze some fresh leaves to thaw out later for the cat’s meds.

1 Like

I have clones that will go in there after harvest so she’ll be fine. Do you think they are far enough along to start this or do they need a couple more feedings first? This is where I always get impatient.

1 Like

I think you may be lacking in amber if you start the process now, but you see them better than us and you know what you prefer for ripeness.

Personally, I would feed until I was mostly cloudy, with few amber before starvation, but I like something that makes it hard to get from the recliner to the bed before I’m dreaming. Lol

Timing the harvest…always difficult for me too. The problem is knowing how rapidly the particular strain will progress in coloring.

If you start now, I would think you could have a good daytime smoke, but I don’t really know.

I still want to stroll through that forest of colas! Lol…

3 Likes

I think I will keep feeding. There are no cloudy trichs at all yet. I can always sacrifice a branch early if need be. Won’t even miss it in this forest.

1 Like

Oh, I thought you said mostly clear which I took to mean with some cloudy also. Lol…you’re not gonna harvest on the 16th!

I don’t see how you would miss an early branch or 5 either!!! If you want, partial harvests have worked well for me in the past, but that’s outdoor. I don’t know if it would stress them indoor.

If I need something to smoke and am waiting, I will search for the most progressed buds and take them individually. I get smoke and the rest can continue to mature.

Again, I don’t know how well that works indoor. @garrigan62 could probably help with my thought…

3 Likes

@FloridaSon Thank you for the tag Sir.

@Stomper

Is this what yours look like now…

th%20(5)

It all just depends on what your looking for.
This is a pic of what I wait for.

tricomas-2

1 Like

Yeah, no. Mine are still dew drops. I haven’t set up the lap top and better scope yet tho. These pics were with a clip on your cell phone scope.

That top pic is when I cut food supply…

2 Likes

@FloridaSon

That’s just what I have done. This weekend I’ll split the stems on them and then say around Wedsday i’ll shut the lights off for 72 hours them the " HANG MAN SHOWS UP "

They are so heavy I have had to tie them up

8 Likes

Looks good @Stomper

I do see quite a few white pistils also from your pic I zoomed in on

4 Likes

Most of the trichs are cloudy now. Yesterday will be the last feeding.

7 Likes

looking great @Stomper, good feeling to be at the end…lol

1 Like

Had to cut this bud off before it got too scorched. I will name it Icarus.

12 Likes

June 15

Think I need longer stakes :flushed:

Still cloudy with no amber. I am only giving water now, no more nutes.

10 Likes

You can also loosely tie them to the stakes for extra support. Panty hose work fine…

Got em twist tied up to the 4’ height. Gonna need to tie ropes to the ceiling, maybe a cherry picker. I bet some of these colas will be over an oz each just by themselves.

2 Likes