Stlleaf’s Mixed Flavor Journal

Funny enough, the grow shop is closer to me than home depot, etc. :upside_down_face:… but ya figure they got mosquito bits most places. :v:

Ok folks just refreshing the journal prior to checking later when lights come on. I plan on repotting tonight into 7-gals with 70/30 Happy Frog/Perlite mix. Think I’ll give them about 4 more weeks of Veg til I flip them (Around Thanksgiving). Unfortunately, I know I’ll run out of my buds way way sooner than harvest time comes, however I don’t want to rush this batch, so we’ll see how it goes. It’s very critical to me that I hit or get near my goal of 12oz dried and cured with this batch… that will stock me up until the following harvest, wish me luck! Lol

One other comment for next cycle. I REALLY want to change my lights time. Currently I’m lights on from 6pm - Noon, but id like to move the cycle up to 4-10am instead, as it will allow me a bit more flexibility. Peace brothers and sisters, will follow up later.

Done transplanting, seemed to go well enough for struggling by myself lol. Each is planted in its final home. Spilled some recharge but thats ok, I used quite a bit on the plants so hopefully theyll explode.

The roots were doing really well, I could tell they were itching to be transplanted, huge monster roots all around. I also upped my light and am now a lil over 1/2 power of my 300L. I fed with my nectar of the gods nutes PH’d to 6.25, PPM 425. Seems my PPM is lower than some folks, I went 1/2 nute usage per the recommendations per 3 gallons of water. Next time I’ll use 4 gallons depending how much runoff there is later.

4 Likes

Apparently the power went out this morning… not sure for how long but I don’t think the plants were harmed. I’ll make sure I double check that my timer is working as soon as lights are supposed to come on.

1 Like

Lights were on at correct time, timer was accurate so no issues there. I do need to water much more than 3 gal total, I’m just gna fill mostly to the 5 gal pail and see how much runoff comes out. Last grow i had one 10 gal, and two 7 gals… however I had them all sitting on the ground to soak up any runoff. Now ive got them on a plastic lifter and runoff collector below. Anywhere yall see I can improve let me know.

Im going to keep feeding every water with the HF soil. I’ll plan to boost up to .75 nutes per gallon this next feed to see if I can boost my ppm closer to 650-700 instead of the 425 ppm I’ve been at last two feeds. No signs of nute burn. Last grow I ramped up mid-late flower quickly and had some lockout issues so I will try to keep that in mind.

I can only fill 1.5 gal of RO at a time so I better get my ass filling up jugs lol. Plan to water again tomorrow or Sunday.

Plants looked ok, a lil droopy but I think that was from the transplant and not feeding until runoff.

1 Like

Happy hopefully green Sunday everybody! Blazing on some Sour D shake from 1st grow this morning… trying to save my big buds a lil longer lol.

Got a question, I was initially more concerned until I just inspected further. My Purple Match leaves have been droopy since I transplanted. They were still droopy this morning so I was a little concerned, but upon inspection, the leaves were actually solidified/bent into the droopy shape. Leaves seemed fairly healthy, as did the stems (stems were strong, just bent down-ward in shape of droop.

My guess is they were droopy from transplant, but got better, although kept their shape? Should I be concerned? I’ll plan on fully feeding tonight as the soil should be dry by then.

@AZIrish @LoCoRock @Hellraiser @EYE69MYSELF

3 Likes

They all look pretty much within the range of okay. It looks like transplant only finished in the last few days. Still in the realm of them recouping and getting settled in. They don’t look mad yet so just keep an eye on them.

2 Likes

Thanks AZ, the new growth on the purple matcha looks good as well, so that seems to be a good sign I think.

I forgot to mention all the potential issues:

1. Transplant on Thursday night
  2. Power outage on Friday morning
  3. Did not ph nutes early in Grow but that seems to have been fixed quickly.
  4. I had fungus gnats a week ago… i just put more DE on top soil after that pic this morning to be safe.
1 Like

I’d guess they’re still recovering from the transplant. Leaves all look good and green and growing, just droopy. When’s the last time you watered them?

2 Likes

Thanks Eye, I watered them with nutes after transplant, Thursday evening.

2 Likes

Might be thirsty then. Mine droop like that when she’s thirsty.

1 Like

I’ll water tonight :v:

1 Like

I watered tonight, had 4.5 gallon of water, used just over 4 and had sufficient runoff. Hopefully this will get the Purple matcha back on track. I’ll try to let them fully dry out before next watering. I have a pic from pre-water, maybe I’ll take one tonight for a post-water and post em both.

Also ppm this watering was up to 476, i fed based on 1/2 nutes x 5 gallon.

1 Like

Quick update, I checked this morning after last night’s watering and the matcha seems improved… sweet. Will check again later tonight to see how they are doing.

1 Like

Yeah they’ll be fine, they can get a bit droopy after a transplant, should come around.

1 Like

Update on everything - plants are still looking better, the purple matcha isn’t drooping too much. Chalk that one up to some minor transplant shock and a good watering.

I am seeing my mimosa leaves turn a lighter shade of green on the outside of its leaves… this was the only plant showing any issues when I forgot to PH my feeding a few weeks back, so I understand it’s a little finnicky.

I’ll take a picture tonight.

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes

There’s some pictures, you can see the mimosa with the discolored leaves. I’m not too concerned right now, but will monitor.

I was a little too rough on one branch of the raspberry cough and snapped it a bit. I put some honey on it and tried to tape it up… hopefully I didn’t screw up there!

One comment, my temps are pretty low, high 60s. Think I’ll let it ride there I’ve got my fan on 2 just to keep up the temps a bit. I could turn up my light but I think that could be what Discolored the Mimosa. Humidity is low except when I water then it’s been around 60. Because it’s a cooler temperature it takes a while to get my soil dry.

2 Likes

Woah, your girls already seem happier. Just some care and patience goes a long way. Keep it up. Excited to see what you turn out!

2 Likes