Stir-fry Green weeds in oyster sauce

@Ning do they have to be fresh leaves of the plant ,or can they be dried leaves, as my harvest was a couple months back , I would love to try all your dishes if can use dried leaves and buds. I do chicken schnitzel crumbed mix with my leaf, that works well. Just decarb first and and it to the bread crumbs

1 Like

Oh, sorry, I didn’t see your question. It has to be fresh leaves, of course. You are cooking it like vegetable. For dry leaves, I guess you can make tea with it. I heard someone with cancer and too poor to get medical care or buy any meds, just make tea from the leaves and drank it every night. His cancer was gone in a few months.

3 Likes

Thanks @Ning for your reply, there is a lot that can be done with the dry leaves,in cooking, learning every day , I’ll have to wait till next season to try yours as I’m an outdoor grower. Do you know what type of cancer he had, it is such a mirical plant, and the sooner the government’s of the world except it people will still die for no reason.

1 Like

You’re so welcome! I grow outdoor too but I’m not even in flowering stage yet. It’s my first time growing. You’re done so early! Did you grow auto kind? I’m surprised to hear you harvested so early! Have you thought of extracting the leaves, stems and roots? I’m thinking about getting a vapor-distilling machine so that I can reclaim the expensive alcohol. I’m growing to make FECO.
Unfortunately, I don’t know what kind of cancer he had. It was anecdote I heard from someone. He was sick and destitute and had to live in a temple where he ate scraps from the monks. The monks grow marijuana so he just took the leaves to make tea with it. With limited food and helping the monk with chores around the temple, he returned to good health. I’m learning more and more and am all for holistic therapy and my own health was wrecked by conventional medicine.

2 Likes

I’m in Australia Ning ,ours is September to May at the longest, I was done end of March well 2 sites.im researching very day now and can’t believe how much this plant can do.i just have to go buy some coffee filters and I’ll be making oil

1 Like

Ah, that explain it! I got some autoflower seeds and will try planting winter crop here sine our winter is pretty mild. If I plant in late Aug/early Sept, I think I can get another auto crop harvested. I never learned about the plant before. So I germinated the seeds and planted them too early. So they flowered and reveg already. Next year, I’ll do the auto crop first. If you don’t have very cold winter, it might work to plant auto seeds now to squeeze in another harvest.

1 Like

In Thailand where I grew up, people have been using marijuana leaves in cooking for hundreds of years. Thai herbal medicine uses it for dozens of ways. However, mostly people in farming communities use it and city folks like me had no idea. When I was 19, I went upcountry to fundraise for a rickshaw association playing in a band. They fed us home-cooked dinner afterwards. Their soup was so delicious I almost licked the bowl. However, sometimes later, I got really bad dry mouth. A guy in my group doubled over thinking he was getting heart attack and asked someone to take him to hospital only to get howling laughter from the hosts. They put ganja in the soup because it was better than MSG for them. I’d never known or heard about it before. Too bad I didn’t ask them how they cook it. From what I heard later, they dried the leaves and sprinkle on mostly since fresh leaves are not always available.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Ning, our winters are to cold, I have a heap of auto seeds to go down asap,I use my dried decarbed leaves as spice, and have started putting it in most food I cook.

2 Likes

I guess you dry the leaves then decarb it? How do you decarb the leaves? I mean it should take less time than the buds, right? But how long, say, if you decarb buds in low oven for 90 mins, what would it translate the the thinner materials like leaves? One giant branch of mine just broke off the 7’ Gold leaf again. It’s been the 4th branch, sigh. I just hang-dry the previous one but don’t know how else I should do it. I still have leftover stir-fry and want to preserve it as much as possible for off-season use. Thanks for your suggestions.

I decarb leaf for o my 15 mins, anymore it need it gets while cooking, with the branches breaking ,have you got them supported? Also if they only break and not come off totally, you can tie the branch back on and just soak where it broke in honey before and after you tie it back up and support it.

2 Likes

I see. I’m air-drying them and will save them for cooking. I read somewhere you can grind leaves and stem to mix 1:1 with flour for baking.

Yeah, just went to the store to get pokes and twine to make support for them, thanks for asking. Didn’t realize they are so easy to break. When I got back and went to tie it, I found one more branch on the ground also. This time I did what you suggested, prolong it back, didn’t cut it off. Hope it will mend.

3 Likes

Yes we don’t realize how much weight is on those branches, I keep plumbers tape,honey and cotten twine on hand , when ever I grow.
That’s a very nice looking plant, you have there, as long as it was not totally snapped off , it has a 80% chance of mending, just keep it supported.

Thanks, I just went out to put raw honey on the branches that broke off earlier. There was one broken off a few days ago and I left it to see what it will do. About half of the branch, the tip end wilted and die but the half close to the trunk sprouted a few branches. So I cleaned And propped it up. The Gold Leaf is 6’-7’ tall now and looks like she hasn’t finished shooting up yet.

@coltfire, sorry to trouble you. In Facebook group for cancer patient who look to how to make FECO, there’s a lady in Australia who can’t find 190 proof alcohol. Don’t know if you have any idea to suggest that I can pass on to her? Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

I use isopropylene ,but she may want to try some of the bigger bottle shops , she may find 190 proof vodka.

2 Likes

I see, isn’t isopropyl leave some residu that’s not so healthy for you. How do you remove it? Thanks for the tips, I’ll pass it on to her.

1 Like

Just burn it off ,sorry isopropylene for RSO , vodka for all other, as long as it’s 90% plus

2 Likes

I see. Thanks’

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks so much. These are really handy charts!

1 Like