Stink, stank, stunk

First time indoor grower. I was NOT planning on buying a carbon filter for my tent since this is set up in my basement.

Is that stink going to waft its way upstairs into the living quarters?

4 Likes

Absolutely

It’s a struggle with a carbon filter depending on strain.

2 Likes

Umm, it’s likely?

It does seem to waft a lot

Might have to gauge it hy if my wife notices it upstairs and complains

If it’s a gradual build up, you become nose blind to it. It also can stick to clothing, and furniture.

1 Like

It will absolutely get everywhere even with a high end fan and carbon filter I had to put in a window fan blowing out to really get it under control

1 Like

Don’t know, What strain you growing?

1 Like

3 autos - amnesia hase, blueberry and Northern Lights

Absolutely yes the aromas will fill the house it also all depends on phenos and strains i just chopped my blueberry from ILGM and she was a pungent one even through veg I had to use a carbon filter and I also grow in my basement carbon filters and good inline fans are worth the money if you wana be as discrete as possible biggest question is are you growing in a open area of the basement or in a tent in the basement

2 Likes

Your wife would likely be much happier with you if you went proactive and got the filter before she becomes irritated…its gonna stink, for at least a month it will be skunky…last thing you want is an unexpected inlaw visit.

3 Likes

I can smell my grow as soon as I open the front door and they’re in a tent in a room down the hall

Neighbors have not complained yet luckily

2 Likes

I recommend install carbon filter and exhaust outside. You never know who might show up at your house that you had rather not know what you’re doing.

3 Likes

Lol I’m my case, nobody comes over who doesn’t already know (literally one person )

I have the carbon filter but so far I’ll loving the aroma

1 Like

no carbon filter used here. i just vent outside thru my dryer vent. i don’t worry bout smell as everyone around me either grows or smokes. and fortunately its all legal up here. i love the smell of fresh weed. mmmmm. only carbon filter i got is on the wedryer. thats a must as it hangs and drys in my house.

If you think she loud now. Wait till you go to dry.

My favorite choco girl doesn’t really stink up till after chop. At which point it becomes a little hard to keep down. I have to change my entire HVAC configuration to dry and not have an odor at the main entrance.

1 Like

Don’t know bout amnesia, but northern lights is really about the least smelling strain I’ve fooled with. Blueberry is a loud strain.

i got some blueberry growing now. cant wait till she starts stinking.

1 Like

I want pineapple sticky traps!

1 Like

Mine is only this big ( 5weeks old) and she already a bit smelly

Funny, the white widow auto that’s in flower has pretty much no smell

1 Like

i grew some ww also and also had no smell other than durring a trim or watering

1 Like