Stimulus checks

Just wondering how much of the money that is going to be sent out to people will be spent on growing supplies. Possibly people updating lights and equipment. Let me also say I know millions of people are having a hard time financially. So I don’t want to make light of anyone having serious problems due to losing jobs or being laid off. But I have to believe that some people will be using this money for growing and even buying weed. Would like to hear people’s opinions on this.

6 Likes

I’m gonna buy a replacement Smith and Wesson 657 if I can find one at a good price.

7 Likes

Gotta protect the supply.

2 Likes

Going to try to convert the shed into a temp/humidity controlled greenhouse, and I think the wife will be trying to find a cheap ar. The rest will be spent on day to day life and help with getting the finishing touches done on my suzuki.

2 Likes

I’m boring😂…gonna pay bills and try to survive. Don’t really know when this end or the effects on the economy. I think I can see the writing on the wall, and it says save, save save and help those that are less fortunate.

6 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think the checks are a great idea. We’ve seen this with Bush and only about 20% of the money made it back into the economy. That combined with the government not cutting any spending caused a large deficit which weakened the dollar. This stimulus is over 10x the amount of Bush’s.

Not sure what I’m going to do with it but definitely need to get it back into the economy.

2 Likes

Obama did it too, its definitely not the first time we have used this idea, and it definitely wont be the last.

2 Likes

Just shows me how screwed up things are. You know it’s messed up when they send you money. Prolly using it on our home. And maybe a new light…:thinking::wink::joy:

2 Likes

Don’t forget Obama’s trillion dollar stimulus plan. Anyone have any idea where that money went. Just to let you know I’m don’t believe the way they are going about this is a good idea. To long of a discussion to have trying to type it out. Especially for me on cellphone can barely see screen and constantly hitting wrong keys. :slightly_smiling_face::v::+1:

2 Likes

He did his differently. He reduced the amount being withheld from paychecks so the money we got went pretty much unnoticed. Which was good in the sense that people weren’t tucking the money into savings but pumping it back out into the economy.

I’m just worried people are going to hoard it away (which I understand why they would in uncertain times )

1 Like

What I think is wrong is the large corporate bailouts, if the top of the company took pay cuts to keep their companies afloat they would still be billionaires. I dont think it’s the responsibility of the American taxpayer to keep those companies alive, they have the means to do it themselves but rely on the government to do it for them.

7 Likes

Totally agree @CoyoteCody…the money their sending is to keep people a float…basic necessities and bill paying. Unemployment doesn’t really cover a whole lot, especially if people are living paycheck to paycheck. I certainly couldn’t survive on $362 a week before taxes.

2 Likes

When Obama did the stimulus checks years ago we had to pay it back with the year’s tax return. Is this gonna be the same way? Regardless I’m still working so my vote doesn’t count but I don’t think it’s gonna do much… $1200 won’t even cover most mortgage for a month… Hmmmm what to do with the check…

5 Likes

I got you

Definitely won’t be hoarding anything. If I win I’m going to follow in myfriendis410’s footsteps, only going with a colt python instead.

6 Likes

Ohhhh, now that’s a good idea! You can find me at the blackjack tables.

3 Likes

I play everything but blackjack. Usually craps, something like high card flush, or 3 card poker. I can play blackjack, but I don’t take bust cards or like listening to people whine because they think it’s my fault they’re losing.

3 Likes

I’m getting some Hookers and a case of PBR!! Take this Show on the road…

3 Likes

Another transfer of wealth from us the tax payer to the rich
Just like the past stimulus packages.
Ultimately we are the ones who own the debt not the government.
Smoke and mirrors
Shiny objects etc etc

5 Likes

Would be cool if they distribute the 2 trillion among the lower and middle class lmao.

1 Like

Who gets what?