Still worried about my White Widow

They look pretty good
What size pots are they

1 Like

5 gallon / 16 litre

It’s all genetic, each plant is going to be different in some way or another even it they are the same strain that came from the same mother. Hang in there when she takes off and she will you’ll have your hands full.

6 Likes

I had one in DWC that took forever to take off, now it’s my biggest plant. Patience is key.

1 Like

Oh nice! I’m thinking of hydro / aero for my next grow, if this grow is successful :))

1 Like

Hydro is easy, IMO easier than soil for sure. It’s very easy to adjust nutes, PH etc. can’t ever over water or under.

1 Like

I’m in coco at the moment, but hydro sounds more up my street. Researching more every day, but I have a good while before these girls are complete yet :slight_smile:

What is your ph?
Those spots look like a nute splash any chance you got some on them?

1 Like

Is that a bug? Or just some coco?

1 Like

No idea what my ph is yet, I need to pick up a meter. Only have EC at the moment.

It is likely I got a little nutes on the leaves. I didn’t realise it would be an issue, but it was only a tiny amount, nothing the size of the brown marks.

Definitely coco, but damn you have a good eye. I see little bits of debris on the leaves sometimes and worry it might be a bug too, so I do regular inspections :slight_smile:

Glad it wasn’t bugs lol that’s the main reason I choose coco , no bugs. You want your ph around 5.8-6. Higher than that you risk being locked out.

1 Like

Thank you, I’m going to order that PH meter now. Is Apera Instruments PH20 a good choice?

1 Like

I believe I have seen that pen mentioned on the forum before with good reviews . I have this one

I use the advanced nutrients ph perfect line for coco. It automatically ph’s the water you use so you technically don’t need a pen but I’m not one to blindly trust so I check the ph anyway after I mix my nutes. So far it’s been right on every time

1 Like

check and adjust the ph after you add your nutes.

1 Like

Excellent info, will get right on that :slight_smile: I’d be lost without this forum, everyone has been amazingly helpful :sunny:

2 Likes

I’m relatively new to growing myself I’d be lost also. This is a great place to go for great advice and expertise.

Welcome to the forum brother ! You have all the help 1 could ever ask for on this page . I had the same worries as you when i first started but everyone eased me thru the growing pains lol. I thought my 4 super skunks were super slow at first too. Then 23 days later already 6 nodes working on 7th and right now i have a slight ph problem but went out ad dropped a few benjis and got some well reviewed and highly recommended ph and ppm pens and my girls are back on track. your girls are looking really good though . Before you know it they are going to be growing like …well…like weeds !:wink:

2 Likes

My PH pen finally arrived today. The mixture going in was around 6.1, I put in a little ph down to bring it to 5.8 / 5.9 going in. The runoff today was also 6.1.

I’ve been giving them some CalMag. The White Widow (WW) and Bubble Gum (BG) have become way greener now, and the WW is starting to catch up in size. The AK is a little greener, but carrying on like the champ she is without any issue. I have just repotted my BG from 3 gal into 5 gal (same as the other two). It went OK, but didn’t transfer in 1 lump so maybe I broke a bunch of roots :frowning:

WW - Still has some of that brown stuff on the leaves, but looking way healthier, so I hope this will get better over time?

BG - Top leaves looking mostly healthier in colour, but those bottom leaves are all drown and curly. I probably should have waited to transplant, I hope it would go much smoother. Will keep an eye on her.

AK - Never had an issue, absolute monster.

Pics incoming below, any further advice is welcomed!

I think I’m still missing something. My poor Bubble Gum is showing more brown coming through on the big top leaves today. So far I have been feeding Flora Grow and CalMag, but I think I need Flora Micro as well? I can’t get it locally so I will have to wait ~3-4 days for it to arrive :frowning:

Meanwhile, the WW is very shiney ^^

I will get this under control eventually!

I started the girls on a new nutrient plan which seems to be working fantastic. All General Hydroponics, instead of feeding just grow and cal-mag, I am now feeding micro / grow / bloom (small amount) / cal-mag.
I just have one new issue remaining with the White Widow, which I have no clue on; some brown specks along one set of leaves.

Here is an updated pic of the girls together :slight_smile:

White Widow…

Bubble Gum…

AK-47…

Two questions:

1. What are these brown spots on the WW? I suspect nute burn, nute deficiency, or light burn, but i’m really not sure.
  2. The leaves on the AK-47 are a bit cabbagey, sort of puffy and wrinkly… is this normal?

My PH going in is 6 and out is 6 for all plants. I flushed with clean water 2 days ago, and will probably do the same again today before restarting noots.

Cheers :slight_smile: