Still looking for signs of sex

I can’t look at it any more… the light is out until 5…

That looks MALE to me …not trying to give you bad news but those balls near the nodes do not have any pistols and they will just start stacking and multiplying until they burst with pollen

Those are pollen sacs

2 Likes

Yes. That’s the spot and as @Lacewing said it sure looks male to me (still)

I had to trash 12 plants just like it …
I’m confident in the ability now to spot a male from a mile away hahah
As most of us are prob

I just joined the club

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had to bag one auto so far. Just anxiously staring at every plant I have til it’s got obvious pistils like everyone else. :rofl:

Yea I’ve seen enough males to know it when I finally see it…I will carefully remove it at 5 when the light comes on.

1 Like

Should be ok they don’t look open or even ready to .:many more would grow first …

I had one plant with hundreds of them and no pistols :.was surprised it didn’t pollinate anything

1 Like

Thanks for saying so…I had one plant that had balls and one popped so we’ve been concerned about the other plants. It would be really nice if the remaining 2 would be girls and would make it all the way!

2 Likes

Well if the one that popped …as long as none of the other plants had flowers to pollinate yet your golden

1 Like

Wow…first time I heard that…thank you!

1 Like

No worries I assume none of your plants had started flowering …because ypu are asking if the one in question was a male or female …

The only way a plant can be pollinated is if a male pollen sac opens and a grain of pollen lands on a female flower which you don’t have yet !!!

Still get rid of that plant before it does open …at that point you’ll need to completely clean your entire grow area as a precaution

2 Likes

We cleaned the tent with water that time…wiped and wiped…

1 Like

Here’s the other two…do you see anything? I see white hairs but I’m not sure if they are the right ones…

1 Like

If you can get a little closer to the growth coming out of the stems by the stalk. I circled the spots you want to look closer at. Under the leaf in the bottom circle. If you can get some closer shots in spots like those.

1 Like

Thanks much

Still checking…

Possibly female, but not developed enough to say with certainty that those are pistils.

None of the other photos have discernible signs of sex that I see yet.

1 Like

Thanks for looking…I appreciate it.

1 Like