Still looking for signs of sex

I’ve posted several times…I’ve got regular seeds and I’m trying to see if they are showing white hairs to indicate they are a girl…I’ve never seen a girl plant with my own eyes on a live plant so I’m having some difficulty…

So without further ado…do you see white hairs?

Day 37…5 gal cloth pots…FFOF…BioCanna veg and bloom 2 tsp per gal every other feeding…18/6…

First pic is too blurry. Second pic looks male but I need a closer pic. Third pic looks female, but again, I need a closer pic.

This is the 2nd photo and looks like a nanner popped up.

1 Like

I’ll look again at that…thank you!

Here’s more pics…exact same order…

Thanks for hanging with me! I’m old and a little shakey but I keep trying!

Im too new to guess the sex, but I bought a loupe off amazon for $9 and it makes it a lot easier to see & magnify those preflowers, and you can even snap a pic if you angle it right.

1 Like

I DO see what @MrPeat is saying on that 2nd pic but it is hard to tell for sure. On ALL the other pics it just looks like new vegetative growth…like she’s (hopefully) still vegging hard

3 Likes

That 2nd last pic is best, can’t tell yet.

2 Likes

Here’s a close up of that

Sorry…thought that was a better picture than it is…maybe it’s time I try a different camera.

1 Like

It definitely can be a pain to get a good photo. If you saw my Tora Bora, its easy. Now when I grew my Peach Puree CBD it was impossible to see as she was a big girl.

1 Like

I find that when I focus on something else close by to the actual subject I’m taking a pic of …the subject I really want comes out good …

Try focusing on a leaf or branch nearby

1 Like

Also why not try and force it to flower ?

1 Like

I mean didn’t you mention they are “regular” seeds meaning photoperiod …why not flip to 12/12 and see if that works …

Anyone know if that works ?? Lol

3 Likes

I actually just thought of something else
I saw 2 white pistols ONLY …for a Good period of time and they were in one spot
Around the 5th or 6th node …that’s how my plant showed sex …it was a long time after that it started preflowering …

Maybe get a loupe and check all the nodes and crotches of the plant carefully

There were no calyx whatsoever present just 2 white pistols

By changing to 12/12?

1 Like

I think I see calyx on all of them but again as a newby I have no clue if I know what I think I see or not…

2 Likes

Really hard to see In those pics …
Males will usually show sex earlier than a female …if I see more ball like growths starting and zero pistols …it’s a goner

One more shot for today …I see one concerning picture but not really sure…do you see anything?

I think I see male in the last photo - but don’t take my word for it, I’m super jumpy about it and I may just be misdiagnosing new growth.

1 Like

That’s what I thought and another called it out earlier. Not sure if it’s new growth or a male but I will definitely keep an eye on it.

Thanks for commenting!

2 Likes