Sticky's 3rd + grow

she is beautiful

1 Like

I’m excited to regularly smoke my own. I’ll get started on my next batch this weekend. Likely doing same exact, 3 Sour Diesel autos and 3 Gelato autos. I want to get another tent and grow a Gold Leaf photo, too.

When I got my SD seeds, I got 10+10. I got 5 bags of 4 seeds each. Kind of odd. I thought I took one seed each out of 3 bags for my last grow, but I took all three from one bag. I want to get that purple diesel again. It looks like I’ll have to get lucky.
All 20 Gelato auto seeds were in one bag lol. All 3 so far were different.

4 Likes

I think I’m going to go with 4 plants for my next grow. I will properly fill my 3 gallon bags this time, and hopefully will have larger plants. I will also start with the light higher up or dimmed down to try and get them to grow. My tallest plant was only about 17" and the rest were about a foot.
Damn, I also have Gold Leaf photo seeds that I very much want to grow. Need larger pots, maybe 7 gallons.

1 Like

Initial smoke test-

Purple Sour Diesel = Fire. Dense, purple when ground, fruity and lemony gasss, and potent! Not couch-locking, but definitely elevating.

Reg Sour Diesel = havent tried yet, but smells more gassy (maybe) and very pungent. Dense nugs.

Gelato = smells great, sweet like candy. Loose nugs, not a lot of taste, seems like a delayed reaction, not as potent and more of a body high. Hoping this gets better after a good cure.

2 Likes

im always trying different things to try and improve, everything works different for every grower lol

thats a good report i think might stay way from the one that smells gassy lol

2 Likes

It’s that good gas lol. Premium. Got me good last night!

1 Like

lmao, i think i changed my mind now lol.

1 Like

Prepped 4 pots. Used up a whole 1.5 ft³ bag of FFOF in the 3 gallon pots. I have a single layer of pea gravel on the bottom, which seemed to work out great last time. I found a bunch of mushrooms and a worm in the soil. I guess that means the soil is active? Dont mind the rest of the garbage, lol. I have 2 Gelato auto seeds and 2 Sour Diesel seeds soaking.

3 Likes

Ok, I may have done some bad germinating. 3 out of 4 seeds developed a mucus or slimy fungus that surrounded them in the water. They were sitting in glasses of water for 3 or 4 days with temps in the 60s. Too long. Too cold.
I dropped 3 more beans yesterday in water with a couple drops of peroxide, and they are sitting on my new seedling heat mat set at 85, in the 65⁰ tent. 2 gelatos and another sour D.
My pots are filled with FFOF, so I am going to make a hole to accept these peat pellets, and will put the germinating seeds in them to give them a more gentile start. I will remove the thin fabric to encourage root expansion.

PS- they expand rather quickly!

3 Likes

Well, I have 6 in the dirt again. 4 Gelatos and 2 Sour Ds. One diesel failed due to seed mold, and I only started one more, so that’s that. I was able to remove the germinated seeds from the straighy FFOF soil without (hopefully) damaging the tails and got them into peat pellets, then back into the OF filled 3-gallon pots.
I dont have any more OF on-hand, but I do have Harvest Organics (Lowes) potting soil, so I burned some drain holes in 2 solos and filled them, soaked them, and planted 1 each Gel and SD. The SD is also in a peat pellet in the solo. I might have to get a 2nd tent and some 5 gallon pots and grow them there. Also means another exhaust fan and filter. I have my Famurs TF2000 light that says it has Samsung LM301H LEDs, but then has this description, so Im skeptical.

I’m thinking a 2x3 tent with that or better light for 2 autos in 5 gallon pots. I can also grow my Gold Leaf photos in there one at a time in a 7-10 gallon pot scrog.

4 Likes

yeah 60s is alittle chilly, i think i will have to get a heating mat when i drop more beans. never used that soil from lowes before, hopefully it will be all good. im a HLG buyer, skeptical on other brand lights myself. im excited to watch this grow.

2 Likes

Yea I am trying to dial-in my germination method. Will get there eventually. Definitely need the heat mat in winter around here. I got the Famurs light for my 2nd grow with bag seed, and I think it worked out alright. I already have it, so I will see what it can do with decent seeds. If it fails to produce, I’ll get a HLG 320 for the 2x4 and use my 260 in the 2x3. I had the Harvest Organics soil in the top of my pots last grow because it has lighter numbers than FFOF. Not as hot.

2 Likes

I ordered a 3x2 tent, actually 3’x20". Also ordered an exhaust fan and tall 7-gallon pots that should/hopefully fit on my drain trays.

The two in solo cups will be transplanted into the 7-gallon pots and grown under the Famurs TF2000.
The first Sour D is up, so I just turned on my oscillating fan in the 2x4, and it is a cheap POS. Strong and weak surges, but its running for now.

3 Likes

it’s game on now

1 Like

I picked up 2 bags of FFOF today at my local shop, and the guy says, “it’s a popular soil for growing pot.”
I replied, “Huh, it must be pretty good then!”

2 Likes

Game on!

1 Like

lol thats funny, i would of said I grow tomatoes and peppers lol

1 Like

I know the 7-gallon pots are probably too big for autos, but I will be transplanting from solo cups, so I wanted the extra space. I will be growing photos too, so its all good that I have the 7s. 2nd tent coming tomorrow. I can do it all! I almost want to nix an auto and get a gold leaf photo started now…

2 Likes

i grew an auto in 7 gallon pot and it did great but it does take up space lol

2 Likes

Depends on the auto. I have some that happily fill up whatever you give them, and others who never grow outside their original nursery bag even if you give them the space to do so.

4 Likes