Sticky's 3rd + grow

Then there were 4. Only the biggest bud plants remain. I pulled the leafy Gelato out this morning and stuck her in the dark closet with the already cut SD. Figure i will cull her tomorrow morning. I will give her to my buddy to make edibles. Too much trimming! I also hope to add to the humidity in the drying closet.
Currently 44% RH in the dry closet and that’s the most I’ve seen in 24hr. Ill keep looking. Maybe upstairs… I have a towel soaking in a water with a fan on the towel in the closet to keep RH up. I cut the SD as a whole plant and it has some small fans so hopefully will be ok.

3 Likes

hopefully the RH will stay up, the last 4 are beautiful, wont be long now

1 Like

Got myself a little microscope. Works great in a stand and if the bud isnt moving. Here are some trichome shots from a lower bud of the Sour Diesel I harvested on Friday.

3 Likes

I cut the lowest branch off the SD and trimmed it up. Thats where I got the trich pics above. Couldn’t wait so I dried it in my toaster oven. Temp was set to below warm, “turbo” setting (convection/fan on to move air) on. May have over cooked her a bit, some of it just crumbles into dust. Dark purple and the head nug of the branch was dense. Smokes pretty clean out of my freshley cleaned bong. Seems like it will be nice when properly dried and cured.

3 Likes

Same spot different depths of the burnt tip SD. This microscope is cool!

![16690409689672554443074499445801|281x500]
This one-

5 Likes

I wonder if I should have waited to submit my BOM entry.
ILGM Sour Diesel Autoflower

ILGM Gelato Autoflower

Getting ready to chop the remaining 4 later this week, maybe Thanksgiving Day. Going to give them a touch of water tomorrow morning to keep them happy, but that’s all they should need.
Oh and I got the drying closet up to 53% RH so thats good. When I chop the remaining 4 the tent will become drying closet so I can stop the smell permeating throughout the house, not that anyone’s complaining.

7 Likes

the poll isnt up, ask or just post a change of pic

3 Likes

Thanks @BudzMS. Maybe I’ll try a different pic next month.

1 Like

i believe you can enter the same bud every contest until it wins

2 Likes

Yep! I think the only off limits is repeats of the same strain. Once you win on that strain you gotta grow something different.

3 Likes

Same Sour D nug 21 days apart. Which would you vote for? 1st one is my entry for November.

20221122_194943

5 Likes

#2 would be my pick

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving. They had an early night with lights off around 6. Chopped at 7 this morning, so they’ve had double their usual dark cycle. Humidity should kick up now that theyre hanging, less fans, and the ole fan blowing into a bucket o water. Will check back pretty often.

4 Likes

congrats, Happy Thanksgiving to you

1 Like

After 8 days of drying, the large stems were snapping on my little purple Sour Diesel, so I trimmed and bucked and got it into a 1 oz grove bag. Buds are not purple like the leaves, but thats ok. Its very gassy. Zeroed my scale with the empty bag and got 29 grams of good bud! Pretty stoked.

5 Likes

thats awesome, well done

2 Likes

First off, thank you everyone for helping me along the way.
Gelatos are all trimmed and in grove bags. I had 3 plants and gave my buddy one that was leafy with airy nugs. He makes cannabutter so its going to a good place. Includeing stems, it was 37.8 grams.

Today I trimmed the remaining 2 Gelatos. One had 38.7 grams and the other was 38.3 grams, for a total of 77 grams or 2 3/4 ounces of good Gelato nugs. The 4oz grove bag weighed 20.1g.

Total for Gelato was 114 grams or 4 ounces. One ounce per square foot.

Now I gotta get back in trim jail with my remaining 2 Sour Diesels. First one had 29 grams and that was the small one.

5 Likes

72.7 grams from the 2 Sour Diesels. Virtually no fluff/larf off of these. 101.8 grams or 3.6 ounces total of Sour Diesel.

I got a total of 216 grams or 7.6 ounces of pot out of a 2x4 tent with a 260W HLG light. I’ll take it! Thanks again everyone! Now I gotta clean the tent and get ready for the next round.

6 Likes

those are great numbers, well done

1 Like

The purple sour diesel pheno is really something. Fruity, gassy, and pungent! Smoke test passed, and its only been in the grove bag a week. Only have an ounce of it! Bummer I can’t take cuttings from autos or I would have. Would love a repeat of this one. What a beauty.

6 Likes