Sticky's 3rd + grow

Alright gang, I’m back and stocked up on the following ILGM seeds:
20 Gelato Auto
20 Sour Diesel Auto
10 Gold Leaf Photo

Going to start a 6 plant grow in my 2x4 with 3 each of my autos, Gelato and Sour Diesel!
Thinking of ungrading to the HLG 260XL V2 Rspec for the grow. Also thinking of getting another tent and going perpetual. I have enough seeds…

Going to drop my beans into water tonight.

I have Harvest Organics natural & organic potting mix .1/.05/.05 (Lowes) to start my peat pods in solo cups, and will transplant into 3-gallon fabric pots with FFOF for the grow.

4 Likes

My local shop does carry Happy Frog as well as Ocean Forest. This harvest organics seems light enough to be good for seedlings, so I’m going to try it.

Beans are in!

F the pods and solo cups. This is my 1st auto grow. Tails will go straight into 3-gallon fabric pots with FFOF in the bottom 2/3 and Harvest Organics on top. Will have clear dome cups to maintain humidity during early seedling stage.

Famurs TF 2000 light in a 2x4 tent
4" inline exhaust w/ carbon filter + 3 small fans
Fox Farm trio nutes, Cal-mag, Myco Bliss
Crappy pH and TDS meters I need to replace
Temp is 70° in basement at around 45% humidity

2 Likes

Beans in water almost 24 hours. Six 3-gallon fabric pots with a thin layer of pea gravel, 3/4 full of FFOF, and final layer of Harvest Organics. The harvest bag had a bunch of live worms in it so they’re in the pots now, too!

6 Likes

6 plants a lot for a 2x4 won’t be disappointed with the 260

1 Like

Yea it will be full for sure. Going for a SOG I guess haha. Gotta spend these 50 beans somehow!

Beans fell and the SDs startIng to show tail.

3 Likes

Get the 2nd tent. Use the Famurs for veg and the HLG for flowering. Spring for the 320 - a few more horses will turn the tide. Oh hell, the 350r would be +++++++++++

1 Like

Lol I just ordered the 260xl. Yea I’ll get a 2nd tent when I need it in a couple months.

1 Like

Good choice. I use 260 Rspec in my closet. No complaints from me. Buds are rock solid.

I have a light over each frame. I can fit 3 frames in the closet. Only using two this time.

4 Likes

Gorgeous! I like your PVC SCROG frame. Easy and will last forever. What strain is that? You’re in the final stretch!

1 Like

They are clones from a ILGM GDP I grew earlier in the year. The mother was without doubt the nicest plant I have grown. I am glad to have taken cuttings and kept track of which plant they came from. I have four more in my 3x3. Pruned to be much smaller plants

The buds in the tent are a little different than those in the closet. I have to attribute the difference to lighting.

The one in the closet are 49 days since flipping and the tent is on day 64.
Getting ready to harvest the tent in a week or so.

4 Likes

Ok gang here we go! All beans are sowed and planted in their forever pots. 3 Sour Diesel autos and 3 Gelato autos. Got 100% germ. Gelatos were slower to open up.

I squirted the clear cups and soil with the water from the soaking glasses. Maybe a cup between the 6 of them.
My HLG light is scheduled to arrive on Monday, so for now the Famurs TF2000 is set to 50% and about 3’ above the pots. Light schedule is 18/6. This should run on autopilot for a couple days until they sprout.

4 Likes

@Stickyicky407 I have no experience with the SD but I think you’ll love the Gelato.

1 Like

HLG 260XL QB V2 Rspec is installed! The kit was simple to put together. I did have to cut and strip some wires but it was easy enough. I like the dimmer knob, but I was expecting an on/off switch. I guess that’s what the timer is for! Knob is set at 3/10 for now. Might need to figure out how to hang it higher, but we’re good for now.
Light looks good and at least 2 girls have already popped up to welcome it. I got a sticker, too!

4 Likes

All babes have popped out of the soil and some have even shed their helmets! Apparently I didn’t bury them very deep. I’m sure they’ll fall off soon enough. They are looking good. I mist the soil and domes twice a day with pH 6.7 water. I will continue doing this until the 1st set of serated leaves reach the dome.

I’m already looking at the small closet next to the tent to prepare for overflow. 6 is a lot lol.

4 Likes

And we’re growing… bumped the light up from 30% to 50%. Some of the legs seem stretchy.

3 Likes

Overall these are growing much faster than my previous grows with bag seeds.
Observations: One Sour D has pointed leaves the other two have rounded. One Gelato is a runt, while the other two are growing fast. They all look happy.

3 Likes

I think they’re done with the domes. Growing nicely. The small Gelato has some mutated leaves but we’ll see what happens. Getting a tad leggy so I have some fans on them to harden a bit.
With the amount of plants in this space, is it worth getting a CO2 exhale bag?

3 Likes

I had to add supports for two of the Sour Ds and one Gelato. They were tilted at about 45°. Little used zip ties were handy and they did the trick.

3 Likes

Looks like they all grew overnight. Sour Ds on the left, Gelatos on the right. Top 3" of soil was very dry, so I mixed up 1 gallon of pH 6.5 tap water in my new sprayer. No more hand spraying! It’s a Scotts 2-gallon multi-use sprayer. The cone setting on the nozzle gives a nice circular mist/spray. Spraying gives a nice slow soak rather than a flood, which is better during the early stages. I covered the seedlings with the domes/cups and sprayed the soil around them. I sprayed and sprayed and didn’t get thru the gallon between the 6 of them. Looked wet enough for me.

Here is the setup, minus the exhaust fan and filter. Light is set at 70% and 24" above the pots. I might add the exhaust fan soon if the temps keep up, but I’ll hold on from adding the filter until flower when they get stinky.

4 Likes