Sticky's 2nd grow

They look very nice, good job.

1 Like

Excellent idea about the window screen. Last summer, out here in the AZ outdoors the soil would get very hot and dry out faster than it should. I think the UV screen will help. Learn something new every day. Thanks @Retiredoldguy

2 Likes

Thanks @VF. Yea @Retiredoldguy is right. The screen is great for hot and/or sunny weather, or for young plants that dont yet shade the pot.

2 Likes

Ut oh. Got a sack. Indeed a hermie. Looks like its only on this branch, so i cut the branch off. I dont see any in the rest of the plant. The node below also had sacks. Likely genetic so I gotta keep my eye out for more. This damn thing is so bushy its tough to see everything.

1 Like

I’m getting excited. They’re looking good in my eyes, just short. Shorties are sexy. I’ll have to stay diligent with those nasty nanners, but overall I’m very happy with what I see. Taking notes and learning in prep for my ILGM seed grows. I’ll see how this light finishes and go from there. Likely getting an HLG unit in future. Now that I have the exhaust fan going, the humidity is staying below 50% and hi/lo temps are 72/62. Good for flowering I’d say.

2 Likes

26 days after flip. Looking like they are different strains. Right one is bushier, had the pollen sacs, and is now showing some purple coloring in the leaves. Left one is taller and all green with less of a bush. Nugs on the left look a bit bigger. I’m happy they’re different, but I’m upset I don’t know what strains they are. No new pollen sacs, but they can pop up anytime so need to stay diligent.

29 days after flip. This morning I fed the girls. Ppm from Thursday’s watering/flush was 250 or something, and they look hungry. Normal watering day would be tomorrow, but they’re hungry now.
I mixed up 1 quart water with 1/2 tsp cal-mag, 1/2 tsp tiger bloom, and 1/2 Tbsp big bloom. PH up to 6.6. Gave each half of the mix and got no runoff from either, which is what I wanted. The purple shorty has denser nugs for sure. It may contradict what I said last time, but hi I’m high. No new sacks or male parts. Trimming lower yellow fan leaves when they get really yellow. Hoping this feed helps save some moving forward.
Left plant is 12" tall at the back left nug.
Purple shorty is 7 1/2" tall!

I would have kept all 4. I like my space stuffed though.
What do you have for lights now.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @DRsDank. Yea I know. I say that to myself all the time haha. Should have kept 3 at least!
I was thinking these would get a lot bigger than they did. This is my 1st grow in 2 years and 1st with this setup, so I was trying to get a feel for it again. These are also bag seed plants, so not sure how they would grow.
Right now I have the Famurs TF2000. Its doing ok but the coverage isn’t quite 2x4 like it advertises. PPFD and DLI are only good at a height of 12". I wonder now if the close proximity to the lights kept them short.
I am looking at the HLG 260 XL QB V2 Rspec kit for my next grow with ILGM genetics. I have gelato autos and gold leaf photo seeds. The gold leafs could probably fill this tent with 2. Gelatos will go with 3. Also need to get a better screen. Thought I could get away with using metal wire fencing, but it’s too rigid and unforgiving.

Ya I try to get wall to wall buds with minimal veg. Meaning it takes more plants. Not working out so well this time cause I messed the gold leaf up. Root bound , starved all kinds of stuff tryingto keep them small. I was waiting for available tent. Took about 2 months 1 recovered really good. The othere 3 not so much. Oh well they will still have 3 or 4 good top buds. The one that is doing good probably 8 or more. Thats ok I have a lot right now. I’m also starting a grandaddy purple grow in the other tent that should do good. Have a new sayhon light in there 400 and some watts with uv and ir. Also going to do a bottom feed in soil. Just an experiment.

2 Likes

Got some nice flash pics today while checking them. Turned the lights off for a minute to take these. Looks like shorty takes the frosty prize.

Watered today. Mixed a gallon of water with 2 Tbsp big bloom, 2 tsp tiger bloom, and 1 tsp cal-mag. PH up to 6.3.
I’m right at the halfway point of my flower schedule, and they look to be right on track. Flip day was April 8 and I have a hard chop date of June 18, which gives me 10 full weeks or 71 days of 12/12. 5 more weeks.

1 Like

Taller one is making seeds and throwing out some nanners. Also clipped a chunk of nanners off of shorty, but I dont see her making any seeds. Damn, I thought I was careful. Bag seeds…
IIt’s hard to tell from the pic, but there is a baby seed in that nug. Many more just like it.
Still pumping out tons of pistils.