Stickyickyick Grow Journal

@Hellraiser @Kilgoretrout @dbrn32 @Zee @MidwestGuy
Okay I hope I’m doing this correctly
I’m using a 4x2x5 tent, light is the hlg 260 v2 rspec(not the xl) soil is FFHF. Seeds are random bag seeds from a friend. One plant was born May 3rd (rose above soil) but was at a stand still due to wrong light and wrong soil. The other 3 were born may 12th but they have caught right up to the older plant (pics coming soon) I just transplanted all of them to these larger pots may 29th and started feeding nutes the very next day. I’m not 100% sure what the exact size of the pot is but I think it’s close to a 3 gallon pot. It took half a gallon of water to runoff. I’m using all the same nutrients as hellraiser in his gorilla grow journal (connoisseur grow part A&B, voodoo-juice, B-52) and fed the same amounts as his first feed (2ml across the board in a 2 gallon batch) and the plants seem to be loving it. I haven’t watered them since the nutrient feed and the pots are still pretty damp so I don’t intend to water for at least another day or two. My concern at this point is how to gradually change the nute feed as time progresses.

4 Likes

10 Likes

I’m also thinking it’s time to top these ladies based on the last pic there. They’ve been in this larger pot for about a week and the 6th node is just about to pop out

2 Likes

@dp69 you’re tagged in! :v:

1 Like

Looking good so far! I have the same tent and I’m living it! I won’t attempt to give nutrients advice as I’ve never used them. I have helped a couple friends of mine grow for a few years, but they all use living soil and organic dry amendments. That being said, I just ordered the Advanced Nutrients PH perfect trio and will start using them with my current grow as the organic nutrients will be depleted soon.

1 Like

Great start, set to follow, tag me if you have questions. I also started in that size tent, quickly moved to a taller one. I will use it for veggie stage, as I will have 2 stages growing at all times.

So glad I topped my girls, control size and increase yield= Win/Win.

You will do well following Hellraisers guide. If you need motivation, let me know. Today was start of week 7 for me. Let him chime in on nutes. I haven’t been consumed with nutes yet, because am in FFOF, but moving to happy frog, so we can both learn a thing or two.

2 Likes

@Zee would you say these girls are ready for topping at this time?

What I learned from Hellraiser is that you top, once you know those roots are strong after the last transplant from solo cup to 3 gallon container. You’re almost there IMO, Give it a few more days, the two girls in front, will go first. When you top them, you can clip the yellow and brown leaves at the bottom, not doing the girls any good.

1 Like

@Hellraiser I’m also in need of a carbon scrubber. I see there’s two basic options. I obviously need a 6” but there’s one that is longer than the the other. I’m guessing the longer it is the more it eliminates the odor? So being that I’m in an illegal state and in an apartment complex, the more it eliminates the better. My question is do I need the longer one? Or is the standard 6” going to be sufficient?

@Zee okay perfect thank you! Yea I’ve had my eye on those yellow bastards and been wanting to get rid of them ASAP lol. But I remember something about not cleaning up the bottom ones right away. Thank you so much for your help!!

1 Like

In theory, yes. That’s because it will have more surface area and allow air to move more freely. This can change from one filter to another though, and brand to brand. You have to remember the 6" is just the flange size. It makes no reference to the width of the actual filter, thickness or density of activated carbon, or construction quality of the filter. A thin layer of carbon or gaps/loose media can negatively effect the performance of filter. Imo if keeping scent hidden is important, you should make sure to get a quality filter and look at the cfm rating of the filter. I like to get filters that are rated for a little more airflow than my fan is capable of to keep static pressure low.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 Yea I have a AC 6” in-line fan so that’s why I would go with the 6” scrubber. I was looking at one from terrabloom. It’s a 6”x24” that looks really nice. You have any experience with that brand?

1 Like

When I got home from work tonight one of the girls were a little droopy and the leaves on top were curled. Anybody know what might be the cause?

I don’t, but have you looked at the ac infinity filter? Seems like a few trustworthy members here feel like it’s an excellent filter at a good price.

I have always bought can or phresh. Since can was purchased by the mothership I have only gotten phresh.

1 Like

Rolling like taco shell is usually vapor pressure deficit issue. Ie something with temp or relative humidity.

1 Like

Ohh okay. The temps been around 75 and humidity around 52%. I thought those were decent numbers no?

1 Like

@dbrn32 yea I really like the AC infinity brand. I’ll probably just go with that one. Thank you so much again!

1 Like

Don’t look unreasonable. is there maybe something going on in that particular location of your space? Like fan blowing directly on that plant or something?

2 Likes

Yep! That’s exactly what it was!!
@dbrn32

1 Like

@Stickyickyick I use the ac filter and it does an amazing job. Can’t tell it is in the house till ya open the tent. I would highly recommend.

1 Like