Stepping inside for the first time

Awesome brother! Looks like your light is state of the art :smirk: I can’t wait to see what life it can grow! I’m happy for you, I kno how much patience means to this type of project. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for that. I believe I’m going to have to also give up venison. :sob:

All the swelling in my foot was almost gone. Most of the swelling in the knee had reduced. I was feeling better and limped out to the worm bed and back. Not my best idea.

The foot is blowing up again. My wife and I were going over what we had eaten and came up with the venison as the culprit. I just get so tired of chicken breast being my main source of protein!

Prayer is always welcomed…

5 Likes

I’m wondering if there is a lens color that is better suited for use with the LEDs?

I know I need the UV protection. What color lens would make for the best filter against that intense light?

Today, at 4pm will be 24hrs on the two seeds. Will drop them in some Happy Frog and sit back for the ride. Those two will take center stage for this thread. The six B.S. are disposable if I have to.

It’s going to be extremely difficult, but I believe I may have a compromise with my brother in law down the road.

Since he is determined to breed, if I discover a male out of those 6, I will try to get it to him before I kill it. As I type this, I can’t believe what I’m saying either!!!

My reasoning…if he is going to have a male, I would rather him have it and get that damn pollen before I have something outside! Let me tell you, this will be the hardest thing I’ve ever done in growing!! We’ll see if I can defeat this compulsion of mine.

I watered the 6 before I hung the light yesterday. Just pH’d rain water. From now on they will get water that drains from my worm bed.

@garrigan62, since worm casts are considered gardeners gold, what do I need to add to the tea to get the best results? Silica? CalMag? Wood ash?

I plan on getting the FoxFarms trio, but if I really don’t need it…?

Thanks to all of you for your input and ideas. Together, this will be a success…

2 Likes

Miumm :wink: Red meat :wink: have to going slow on it me too :frowning_with_open_mouth:

I know that the question was not for me, but, I have work before with worm castings on my veg and it work better with wood ash soaked 24 hrs and use it to mix with your worm castings run off or tea 3 part for 1 part water from the soaked wood ash… :wink::innocent: And choose a lens color that you are comfortable with it if you can try it, of course,. I found that the yellow one work good for the glare effect, mine are polarized UV 400 certified :wink::innocent:

https://www.amazon.com/Correction-Glasses-Greenhouses-Hydroponics-Protective/dp/B01CW25F6C/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1484155637&sr=8-9&keywords=led+eye+protection?tag=greenrel-20

4 Likes

I got these bro under 10 ?

4 Likes

The question is for anyone. I only tagged him because I know he’s the one that mentioned how good worms are.

I thank you and @Countryboyjvd1971 for the links. Tried to like both, but it seems I’m out of love for a while. :rage:

So it seems like green is the best filter color lens?..

3 Likes

I personnaly think so, light green or yellow work great and doesn’t fade the environnement lights like the grey or smoke one :wink::innocent: Ô ! Like some one tell me, you’re not out of love, just out of like :wink::innocent::sweat_smile: lmao

2 Likes

Hey @FloridaSon I wear glasses and my eyes are really light sensitive and I find that the brown lenses are the best. But that all depends on what your preferences are and if you want to see normal colours or if you don’t mind the funky colours. All depends on your preference. Me personally I would go with the brown lenses.

3 Likes

Looks like I got my likes back.

I guess, just like everything else in growing, I’ll just have to try and find what works best for me.

At least now I have a starting point…

3 Likes

I’m with @Niala :+1:

1 Like

I don’t look forward to getting older, my biggest fear is not being able to eat the red meats I love! My prayer and wishes you feel better brother

1 Like

@yoshi , if you scroll up you will see the light I went with. As I said in that other topic, there is no veg/bloom switch. It says it’s full spectrum, so does that mean no worries?

I welcome your thoughts here, Brother. So how did things go for you using the skim milk? My wife went to get the raw milk for me, but the price went up to $12 for a half gallon. Damned greedy bastards!!

I will put up some more pictures later today or tomorrow. Blueberry autos are going in the soil today. I had planned on it yesterday afternoon, but the pain had me laid down. 36hrs in a soak instead of 24hrs shouldn’t hurt anything.

Thank you, everyone, for checking out my new adventure…

2 Likes

Better sooner than later…

Turned the LEDs off for the picture. Noticed some wrinkles on a couple, so I misted them for humidity. Not having a tent, I figured that would be my option for dealing with the low humidity I have inside. The wrinkles that led to the misting…

All was good with the seed bath. Dropped both and placed them with the 6 B.S. …

For now, I have placed them on the outside. Once they break the surface, I will move them to the center.

I had originally planned on starting in their finish pot, but I don’t have the Ocean Forest yet. Will get it this weekend and then get the two pots prepared. I’ll only do one transplant with those two.

Labels will come at the same time as the soil. I’m going to clone the 6 to sex them outside since I’m still under 12hrs of daylight. That will allow me to keep the light on longer for the autos.

Until next time…

6 Likes

@Floridason they are looking good :heart_eyes::wink::innocent: best of luck and wish that you’re gone a be succesful in your first indoor growing, i’m not worried at all :wink::innocent::sunglasses::+1::ok_hand::v:

1 Like

After thinking about it, I went back in and looked closer at the wrinkled plants. While it didn’t hurt to mist them, humidity wasn’t the problem.

I’ve raised the light to increase the distance between the plants. The leaves were beginning to blister. I’m really glad I went back and checked!!

I credit the thought to this forum since this is where I’ve seen that before. It’s so nice going into this with some information to fall back on. It’s the great thing about posting pictures and telling others of the struggles we encounter.

Thank you everyone!!!

6 Likes

Looking good brother
And your light is full spectrum your good for entire grow with it :+1:
You had those already started outside? They look nice

1 Like

No, I started them under a 300w equivalent CFL and two 4’ tubes that gave me another 28000 lumens.

I’m still using the CFL for when I have to turn off the LED while working in there until I can get some shades for my eyes.

3 Likes

nice yeah now that you mention it i think I remember you posted that somewhere on your other thread maybe lol
Well looking nice :+1: Glad you caught light burn
These leds are powerful kid even if they aren’t hot lol

1 Like

This is my new expedition of trying all organic growing just t get an idea of results in quality, plus I ordered Nectar of God’s full line, Humboldt Secrets and New Millenium fertilizers, but the my first time using the promix #4 but @Latewood and @Donaldj swear by it, plus I have mammoth p, microbial munch by Advance, and Azos and Mykos extreme gardening microbes and I add Fox Farm powder base trio, Open Seaseme , Beastie Bloomz, and Cha -Ching as schedule throughout my next grow of Blue Dream, O.G.Kush, Green Crack , Girl Scout Cookies extreme and Gorilla Glue #4 , plus the most strongest strain of 2016 which I only have 5 seeds of but I’m excited now with more light power and my knowledge on growing all organic.

5 Likes

Lol…I just finished asking about which strains on your topic! Now I know here too! :wink:

Looks like a good plan. I’m thinking of getting some of the added microbials too. I’m not sure if I need them since I water from my worm bed, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt.

I’ll still be tracking your grow. If you start a new topic for the grow, please tag me to it…

3 Likes