Step by Step sensei

3 Likes

Welcome aboard and I can tell you this over here you might have a sensei or a few. Every 1 here is willing to share and help each other succeed. No such thing as a stupid question and the community is great as long u don’t break the rules and start problem. No 1 here will claim to be a master grower or say there way is the best way. There’s so many ways to milk a cow. Pick a style you enjoy and fits your schedule. I personally went thru alot of journals and applied the things I liked from each grower

6 Likes

Welcome to the community ! ILGM Has a grow Bible you can download. This is my opinion for what it’s worth. jump in and grow grow grow best way to learn. I promise each grow will get better As you sharpen your skills. Good luck

2 Likes

@nosaj I understand your feeling of being somewhat overwhelmed with all the information. There’s so many variables involved that it’s difficult to learn it all. When I first started growing I spent a lot of time on forum specifically focusing on troubleshooting questions. It was a excellent way to learn from the more experienced growers here. After a period of time I came to understand that there’s basically four areas to focus on, all of which can be considered environment. If you think about it, growing indoors,all you are doing is trying to replicate what nature does. Those 4 things are lighting, grow medium, nutrients and the actual environment, temperature, RH at different stages of growth. Each one of these factors can be achieved in different ways.

So start with lighting, invest the best lighting you can afford.

Second decide what medium you want to use. Soil, Coco or Hydro, I won’t try to advocate one over the others. Each medium has it advantages and disadvantages. For me, soil is the way I chose and have stayed with mainly due to the fact that I don’t have to water every day.

Third, decide what type of nutrients, this is something that you will possibly change more than once. I have chose Jack’s 321, due to the low overall cost and ease of use. I won’t try to say that it’s the best line available, but I have decided that simplicity is the most important thing to me.

The final thing is environment. On one hand it’s important, but even without achieving the perfect environment you can still grow great Cannabis. So focus on learning about VPD, Vapor Pressure Deficit. By trying to get your temperature and RH at the proper range at various stages of growth you will increase your chances of being successful.

I have decided to keep things as simple as possible. Others have decided to research and learn as much about growing Cannabis as they possibly can learn. That’s the great thing about this forum everyone is welcome here and people don’t make you feel like you aren’t doing it the “Right Way” if you choose to keep it simple. More than anything, is we want everyone to be successful, regardless of how you decide to grow :+1:

4 Likes

This is where I started, and I’ve been growing for a year now. My journal is here. There are bunch of YouTube videos out there and also podcasts

1 Like

Welcome to the best source of info on growing MJ there is. Read a bunch of different people’s journals then Choose a grower or growers that you feel comfortable with and do what they do. Start your own journal and tag them in. They’ll walk you through it step by step if necessary. People here will help you from start to finish and beyond. Everyone here has been where you are at one time or another.

3 Likes