Stem are green but bud been drying for 12days

I been drying plants for 12days but stem still green but leaves are dead and crunchy.

1 Like

Coloration of stems really doesn’t play a part in determining if buds are ready for cure. At 12 days, you may have already overdried your buds. If the stems are brittle and break when you try to bend them then they are probably overdried.

2 Likes

They are still bendy like not dry at all the stems

2 Likes

What are your temp and rh?

3 Likes

My plants were in the drying stage for 14 days. I used a moisture meter to determine when they were at the moisture level I wanted.
:blush::v:

How crunchy? Brittle and almost turns to dehydrated flakes? If so, suggest putting everything is paper bags or a big tote. This will draw moisture out of the stem and into the bud.
It works wonders.

1 Like

You test the stem near the bud? What reading are you wanting? Deep into the woods now… what setting? I don’t know if it really matters but my meter has two modes WOOD and BLDG.

Use the wood setting and push the pins into the bud. Looking for between 10-12% moisture.

1 Like

@BobbyDigital are you still using the grove bags and if so how are you liking them?

Absolutely. Won’t ever be returning to jars.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response bobbyd i just made the switch a couple weeks ago im liking them also cant wait to get 2 or 3 month cure on some…thanks again have a good day

1 Like