Starting week 7 amnesia haze Auto not flowering yet

This is my first grow, I’m on week 7 of amnesia haze Auto and there not signs of flowering yet. Had a very low PH runoff at the beginning were PH going in was 6,8 and runoff was coming at 5.2.(i think this was bc of the FFOF soil that is very hot). Had to adjust PH water going in to 7.0 and runoff is at 5.6 now. Plant looked very healthy since the beginning. The only problem I am having is that the plant keeps growing (32 inches currently) but no signs of flowering yet.

-What strain, ILGM Amnesia haze Auto (auto mix pack)
-Age of plant/ Week 7
-Method: Soil fox farm ocean forest
-Vessels: 7 Gallon fabric pot
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, indoor 4x2 tent
-Light system LED viparspectra 1500 xs
-Actual wattage draw of lights 150w
-Current Light Schedule 18/6
-Temps; 80 F day 75F night
-Humidity; 50%
-Co2; no

3 Likes

Welcome @lokolopeloko .You can try cutting the light hours to 12/12 to try and encourage her to flip. Not much else to be done with a stubborn auto. She looks healthy enough though.

5 Likes

Thanks, going to give it another week and then try 12/12

thanks for your reply!

Raise the light if you can, you’re gonna need the room. You could also do some LST (your plant is only going to get bigger), top the plant (I know, I cringe just thinking about it, but it’s an option) or move it out of that tent. Autos don’t really need the tent for lighting as much as other environmental issues. If you can put it in a safe place, I would.

I don’t do autos because I never got a nice sized plant. If I had got one like this, I’d probably still be doing autos.

If you trim out all that bottom growth (about 1/3) and spread out her tops, you’ll get a better yield. Maybe not bigger, but definitely better.

3 Likes

Idont want to raise the light just yet to prevent it from stretching further more. I know they can double in size once they switch to flowering. Can’t move it out of the tent but, I will definitely trim the bottom growth and do some LST and wait a couple weeks and see what happens. will leave the topping as last resource. :sweat:

Thanks for the advise!! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

also @lokolopeloko , i’ve seen quite a few of what people call gurus here, and who they usually TAG for advice, say that during that “next week before switching to 12/12” to slowly change the light schedule during that week too. from 18/6, run 16/8 for a day or two, then 14/10 for a couple and by end of week you’re already to the two days to transition it down to 12/12 :wink: to mimic the days slowly getting shorter instead of a drastic light change. Hope it works out for you and you harvest enough nuggage to sit pretty with a smile for a WHILE :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome brother!! First off nice plant!! I run 18-6 start to finish. I had A.Haze and Zkittlez auto not turning .switched to 16-8 and and that did it. Takes couple days but like @TheVirginian said do it slow not all at once.

2 Likes

I will try 16/8. Did you stayed with 16/8 after they switch to flower or did you went back to 18/6 until harvest?

Thanks

thanks, I 'would give it a try!! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I’m intrigued. Do you have a journal here? If not, would you mind keeping us up to date on progress with this girl?

I don’t have a journal but I will keep you posted for any changes. :v:

1 Like

I just stayed 16-8 turned out great longer veg bigger yield.

1 Like

You have a nice start. I am with @oldmarine about pruning the bottom and either a net or major LST / tying down the taller growth. When it goes into stretch the stuff that is tall now will outgrow the rest of the plant even more. Check out no training technique training. Basically spread and tie to even the canopy.
This is a jack herer auto 51 days from sprouting. You can see I am a fan of LST. The point is it is 51 days old. No flower pistils yet 18/6 schedule

This is from day 57. Looks to be about where yours is at

Finally on day 60. No doubt what is going on here

During the week to 10 days prior to this last photo I removed numerous lower branches and stems. If the stem was not removed I at least removed the bottom most bud sites. I did not want a bunch of fluff taking energy away from primary growth / bud sites.
She ended up being a really nice productive plant. One thing though, I should have been more aggressive / judicious in removing more mid plant buds. But, you know what they say about hindsight.
127 total grow days. 74 days in flower and a week before harvest

Be patient. See what she does this coming week. Slight decrease in light hours does not hurt as long as the DLI doesn’t drop off too much. Also, the amnesia haze I grew was much more sensitive to ph swings and high pH than the white widow or blueberry I grew before.
Good luck. I will say again you will be rewarded if you clean out the bottom third and get rid of nonproductive mid plant growth. Most importantly, manage and even out the canopy. You could have a really nice jumbo auto on your hands.

2 Likes

Autos can take over 7 weeks to flower, though most seem to flip by the 5 or 6 week mark. @HMGRWN has a good suggestion to put her through an extended dark period. It can goose the plant to go ahead and flower.

2 Likes

Thanks!! that jack herer looks amazing btw :exploding_head:

1 Like

Thank you. Your amnesia haze has some real potential. The ones I grew were heavy producers and good sized plants. Let me know when they transition to flowering.

3 Likes

Here’s a A.Haze. almost 7 weeks topped TWICE .she still out growing others that are over week ahead. She is my last :sob:all 9 of her sisters grew tall and produced really heavy sticky buds . I bought those ten over 2 years ago and she popped​:+1::grin:. Can’t wait to taste again after about a year!! Had to CAGE THE BEAST!!!

She is at 3 feet w/ cage .

1 Like

@lokolopeloko My first grow ever is a Banana Kush auto who decided to hang in veg until she was almost 8 weeks. Sounds like you may just have a stubborn girl like mine.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

Update- Day 49/week 8

I am running lights at 16/8 but, this lady still not changing to flower. I am seeing more white pistils growing so, maybe that a sign it’s close into flowering stage? (see pics)

Also, I think I have a CAL/Mag deficiency. I am starting to see more brown spots in the leaves, maybe due to cal or mag lockout? I did my first flush yesterday pouring ph water at 7.0 and Runoff came at 5.5. I poured 2 more gallons of water at a 7.5 ph and runoff was 5.6. Maybe I should have done a more aggressive flush? I used 5 gallons in total to flush my 7 G pot. then I added 5ml of sensi Calmag.

Thanks for reading :v:

3 Likes

She’s finally ready​:+1::heart_eyes:!!!

2 Likes