Starting up beginner style

I hear that the driver and heatsinc is diff on the HGL 300 v2 model or i could look at one HGL 550 which is on special, confusing myself now. Will wait for @dbrn32 for his input.

thanks again mate

2 Likes

My peroxide is 3%. I think I put 2 drops in per ounce. First time germinating I just used water and it worked fine also. I wouldn’t use much.

Yeh my peroxide is 6% but i only used one drop so should all be fine, fingers crossed.

cheers

1 Like

Anytime you see v2 on the hlg lights or kits it means they will be using the most recent design of board. The hlg-300 is two v2 boards designed for 3x3, hlg-550 is four of the v2 boards designed for 4x4. Some of the kits available use the exact same boards as both of those lights, but come with different drivers and heatsinks.

2 Likes

Once again @dbrn32, thanks for the explanation. You never fail. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ihave a choice of HLG 300 v2 HLG 550 v2 or the kits HLG 260 v2, the kits are not in stock so would have to wait weeks, the 550 is on special can save $150.00 australian just wondering your preferance for a 4 x 4 x 8 grow tent, thanks for the input as i would not have a clue.
Would get either one 550 or two 260 or two 300 need the watts adjustable so i am not moving the lights all the time, and good for veg and flower.
Big thanks to @SilentHippie for putting me on the correct pathway.
What would your preferance be @dbrn32 ? all help is appreciated.
Just a note the kits only have 12 months warranty where as the others pre made have 3 years.

1 Like

For a 4x4 I would go with hlg-550 if you’re concerned about that warranty. Makes sense if you’re saving money on it as well.

Buying it as i type :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t think you’ll regret it. Keep me posted

i will keep you posted for sure, still coming to terms how helpful this forum is, not used to it in this world.
Just shows what is around the corner, thanks again mate, cannot thank you all enough @dbrn32 @SilentHippie
Did look at Cutters online shop, logged off totally confused.

cheers from OZ

2 Likes

First tomato born this morning, named it White Widow extreme :wink:

2 Likes

G’day,
was wondering how your Pineapple Haze and Purple Haze clones went and the method you used @SilentHippie

cheers

1 Like

Just cut them a couple days ago so we won’t know for a couple weeks but a little cloning powder and into a mix of promix and FFOF. Misting the leaves twice a day.

Have had another look at the cutters site in Australia, my next purchase will be the components to build a cob setup for another 4x4 the kits they have look good, just wondering what you think of same?
Also my light should be here in a day or so, can i put my seedlings under it at 50% its a HGL-550.
What distance above the seedlings ? @garrigan62 @DoobieNoobie @SilentHippie @dbrn32

thanks to all :smile:

1 Like

You could do that. It would need to be pretty high. But it would be using a lot of power compared to just putting a couple CFL bulbs over them. But that’s just my opinion. See what the others say.

1 Like

I also have a VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 300W and a old Meizhi 600w without the veg and bloom switches.

1 Like

I would use the Viparspectra over the others just because it uses the least power. Put it about 2 feet above the plants. Maybe even a little higher.

3 Likes

Thanks for your input mate its really appreciated, this i must say and keep saying is an amazing forum.
So informative and beginner friendly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes that’s what keeps me coming back every day.

1 Like

I have the hlg 320v2. Works great in my 2.5ftx5ftx7ft tent.