Starting to see roots

My plants are starting to show roots at the drainage holes in the pots. Is there something I need to do? I know I could put them in bigger pots, but what will happen if I dont?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Are you growing inside or outside? What size pots are you in?
Do you have pictures? These are the questions that most would ask. :blush:

2 Likes

If you are seeing roots, they need to be transplanted. What kind of pots are they in right now and how big are the pots.

If you don’t transplant the plant will become rootbound.

image.

3 gallon plastic pots right now. I bring them in at night to keep 18-6 lighting, but they will probably end up full time outdoors

1 Like

They are 3 gallon pots, I bring them in at night to keep a 18-6 light schedule but they will probably end up full time outside

2 Likes

Yes, they need to be repotted into their forever homes. the longer you veg, the bigger the pot you need… I heard somewhere that 1 gallon for every month of veg.

Mine have been in veg for 3 months and probably have 2 to go and they are in 5 gallon pots…but I’d say that’s on the conservative side.

1 Like

This is all new to me, and I’m not even sure what I’m working with (random seeds from the west coast) but I’m trying to learn before I start my zkittles lol.
Your girls look GREAT, I can only hope to do that :+1:
I was hoping to identify sex before thier permanent home, but only 5 weeks in.
Hoping to see signs soon

1 Like

Well for being new, they look happy! They should start showing sex soon but I would still transplant. I know it sucks to transplant then find out they are guys but it’s still better than letting them get root bound.

1 Like