Starting To Make Concentrates, help please

I would like to make an edible form of thc. I am interested in the concentrates.
I have a hair straightener for my first try.
This is what I want to end up with.

Is it possible to take the dab and put it in a syringe like this? For this syringe I put some concentrate on a small piece of chacolate, the size of a grain of rice, and 1,5 hours I feel great.
This is what I am hoping to accomplish.
If the hair straightener works then I will purchase an appropriate mashing machine.

Thanks for the help!!!

4 Likes

Do you have access to Everclear 190 proof? I have a press and for edibles and even dabbing i prefer the qwet method. It takes a few days but its much more worth it and i get more return.

4 Likes

I second the alcohol tincture it’s not difficult to make and versatile but you need 190 proof alcohol

1 Like

Can’t get 190 proof where I am. Not anywhere in the state.

I have some 150 proof Everclear. I used it and made a very small batch. I used the QWET method but it takes a while and the smell is pretty strong. I haven’t tried it yet, later today. But I did order a smasher and it will be here this coming week. See what happens with it.
Thanks

2 Likes

We are playing with temps and pressure at the moment with our press. Been pressing at 200°F at 1000psi and am getting some pretty good caramel looking wax. Buddy of mine is dropping it to 170°F at 600 psi this weekend to see if he gets more of a budder. Will be getting some dry ice to make some hash and puck it and then smash it to get the highest quality. Cant wait to try that out.

2 Likes

Keep us posted on your results may need to get a press myself but i agree QWET method is super simple and probably cheaper if not using an st :metal::beers:

Will do! The QWET worked well and was easy. I just received the presser today so so will have some info soon.

So optimal yield. Out of 13gs of flower i got about 4.5gs of concentrate from pressing. I tried 180 190 200 210 up to 250. At 250 it started to burn and the yield was crappy. 180 and it was buttery which i like, but too buttery and had a hard time melting in my lookah. At 200°F i got a great yield pressing at 500psi for 1:30 sec then increasing to 1500psi for another 1:30sec for a total of 3 minutes. Great flavor and burns smooth.

I did the QWET and the pressure types to get edible THC. I used an Indica Grand Daddy Purple from ILGM.
Both were OK, but the return from flower to THC is not so good.
Both types are strong. I did a piece of the QWET about the size of a piece of rice and the high was very good. It seemed to be more mellow and lasted an hour longer than smoke. Same with the press method.
Both times I used 4 grams of flower and got a return of .18 grams each time. The
I purchased a LEVO and have used it twice with terrible results. It probably isn’t the machine but it allows for 3.5g of flower but to infuse it the machine needs a lot of coconut oil. I got a very weak return.
So, after spending over $800 US on these apparatus my feeling is to purchase the RSO from a refinery.

1 Like

Here is some bho that can be decarboxilated for edibles.

2 Likes