Starting the grow, 1st couple of weeks

LMAO do you remember your first time?? :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
Gimme a break here il be an old pro soon enough!!! :grinning:

3 Likes

I usually leave a dome on a bit longer. When they outgrow the tray dome I use a clear plastic bottle with the bottom cut off. I always use a short then a tall dome like that.

@QueenCityB @Watt-Sun @AfgVet @LoCoRock @Oldguy @MidwestGuy @HornHead @Tinman

Hey folks,
Day 8 - i think i have a problem, the growth seems to of stopped, i know its all going on under soil but i expected to see things happening quicker, the leaves look a little off to me also can i get your thoughts please?
Maybe i am not giving them enough water i have been spraying inside the domes twice a day and they have been under 300 led lights 18/6, i had them right up under the lights so now i have lowered the plants,taken humidity domes off and put the fan on slow, i also watered the outer part of pot they are in, not given any nuits yet, you guys advised me not to,
Please help, i knew it was all going too well!! :confused: :worried: :black_heart:

3 Likes

She looks healthy. Seedlings will often pause visible growth while they lay down roots. I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

4 Likes

Look great .Give them a few days they will take off again

4 Likes

oki i guess i’m worrying about nothing, that’s good to know. First time mum n all :grinning: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Looking good , mine are about the same size, will get a photo later

3 Likes

I posted that meme right on or close to day 8 of my current grow myself :rofl:. Such a boring stage lol

1 Like

Yeah…that be great… LoL

2 Likes

Looking good.

1 Like

Looking good! They’ll surprise you with growth soon.

1 Like

day 9

4 Likes

@Tinman They look really good!!!
I think mine are a few days behind, mine are that size now, well yesterday was Day 14, i re-potted in their forever pots as the roots were coming through bottom.
I think the 300 LED were not strong enough so i bought some 600 LEDs and re-potted.

When do you give your nuits? My little round leaves at bottom are still green so i haven’t given any yet but with it being Day 15 today i am wondering if maybe i should, il get some recent pics tomorrow and post. :grinning:

1 Like

Iam in soil, ffhf, i usually don’t start till week 6ish

day 16

1 Like

@Tinman Wow look how much yours have grown in just a week, mine need to get their butts in gear then i am thinking. :star_struck:

2 Likes

@MidwestGuy @Tinman @LoCoRock @Oldguy @Watt-Sun @QueenCityB

Day 16 ~ They are getting the leaves but still on the small side, they look healthy to me just small.

My lights are 600 LEDs now, do you think they are too far from light?

I bought some PH down also what should my PH be at the moment? Tap water was around 6.5 but i feel like that was a tad too high so will reduce to recommended levels.

As you see the little round leaves are still green so i haven’t given nuits yet, should i wait til they start turning yellow or give them some now?
Number 3 has a deformed leaf, not sure what happened there but only on that 1 plant.

All advice is greatly appreciated, thanks guys :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m not a coco grower so I’m not much help in that regards but I know I always hear 2 weeks is the magic number with nutes and coco. They definitely look happy what are you watering once or twice a day with coco it always looks dry to me, coco that is? I’m pretty sure your right on the pH assumption in coco being lower.

Lights might be to close, not 100% but i would shoot for 30 to 36 inches right now

Hi - GardenGirl2 here

Just planting my sprouted seeds today - what I need to know is can I put them in a germinator on a seedling heating mat in the dark?

Also when can I put them under LED grow lights?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

2 Likes