Starting over next year

i have grown 2 plants so far auto flower grl sct cooke the plants got about 2 ft tall and 18in dia ,ok heres the catch i used 3 gal pots the soil was from my garden from about 5 yrs ago i did add a little potting soil to it but thats it i watered with tap water and aquarium water, no nuts or any thing added let ma nature do her thing i yeilded about 1 oz off each plant,i want to throw all the soil away and start fresh next year ,i grow outside on my deck, what soil should i get and what nutes do i want grow just for me for fun, buy tha way the pot gave a good buzz, but i want you pros to tell me how to start over the right way. thanks to all

5 Likes

There are a lot of good soils out there. I, personally use Recipe 420, but everyone will chime in… like I said so many. I use Fox Farms nutes but thinking of switching it up when they run out. Lots of people switching to Jacks.

For pots, the fabric pots are great, the bigger they are the better and I always add extra perlite for the outdoor plants to help keep moisture in but not sure what the climate is where you are.

3 Likes

I use FFHF and FFOF soil and there Trio nutes (Big grow, Big bloom and Tiger bloom)

2 Likes

R u growing inside??? Sorry ignore. Didnt read your post correctly.

1 Like

I’ve got all my outdoor girls in Happy Frog. I started feeding at week 2 with Jack’s.

1 Like

I used FF for along time now have switched to Coast of Maine soil and nutrients very happy going to stick with them

1 Like

If you can afford it the ffhf and ffof combo that a lot of growers here use is probably best

2 Likes

I switched to the roots organic and Jacks321. Grow before current one. No issues great buds great smoke. No ph issues,no nuts burn no flushes. Just the best smoke I’ve grown yet.

3 Likes

I plan to switch to coco and jacks, but fo op I thought the fox farms route would be most user friendly

1 Like

That’s why I switched from FF as the roots/Jack’s was so simple to use.same neut ratio through out entire grow and no need to flush and no Ph swings to worry about.

3 Likes

@Audiofreak I’ll need to look into this more myself as I only have experience with FFHF and trio :confused:

1 Like

I was having the typical issues a lot of peeps have had with the FF and was introduced to the roots/Jack’s and tried it with perfect results. In my 2nd grow with it now and so far no issues. We will see how the 2nd grow goes (5 week of flower).

I’m not trying to sell the roots/Jack’s but it solved a lot of my aggravation from lack of experience in general.

1 Like

I ran Happy frog and the trio last time switched to Jack’s this run with happy frog and perlite and am very happy had a lot of issues with the trio , flushing,ect much better growth with Jack’s ,very user friendly

1 Like

There’s a guy I follow on you tube he has great results with using fox farm soils he does strawberry fields with 20%perlite on the bottom of his pot and then he mixes happy frog and ocean forest on top of the strawberry fields, the reason he mixes happy frog with ocean forest is because ocean forest is a it hot

@Audiofreak, this is new to me. A way to grow using same nutes and pH the whole way through!? Can you or someone link me to a guide with more info please? Interested, wanting to try with my next batch!

1 Like

When you start feeding is determined by your medium. I use roots organic so I’m good till early flower at worst. Basicly I start feeding when TDS runoff drops to 800 or so. Then hit her with Jack’s A, B, and epsom salt ever other watering till harvest. It’s the same mix each feed for me. Ph has been rock solid and the plants tolerate it very well.i was turned on to this from @BobbyDigital .

No organic nutrients? Seems counter intuitive but if it works, it works.
What’s your water source like? Do you ph your water?
Sounds interesting cause I have some Jack’s on hand…

I use tap. Ph out of tap 7.3ish after sitting for a day or 2 it goes to 8ish. After Jack’s ph is down to a perfect 6.5. TDS of tap is 230/250 TDS of feed is about 1100 ish.

1 Like

That helps a lot!

Cheers,
Edge