Starting OUTDOOR plant inside or outside?

If you are going to grow an autoflower plant outdoors do you want to start the plant by seed outside with natural light? Or will it be a problem if you start the plant inside with artificial light and move it outside when the temperature allows?

1 Like

Many growers start their plants well ahead of the time they go outside to get a jump on the summer.

2 Likes

Won’t hurt and is a good idea as long as you have a decent light source.

I always start my outdoor autos indoors (also my photos too). If it’s early season i dont want to start them any more than 2 weeks before they can go live outside. If it’s summer I just wait til they have one set of true leaves and then out they go.

It’s unseasonably warm and I have a cold frame at my disposal - I’m probably gonna pop a few autos this weekend. Normally I’d wait til May.

1 Like

I start my autos inside and transfer/transplant them into fab pots when weather permits @ least by May 1st were I live…I may try next batch germinating outdoors cause it will be hot and sunny? Ive read that sometimes the plants like it better then inside/outside,but Ive also read that you risk (depending on were you live) damage to young seedlings from insects,birds etc…Its good to experiment,If you can I guess.

@AL_GREEN
“Rollin down the street looking way clean,banging that real sht Playa, like AL Green…*” Snoop
Great Avatar.
I agree with your process around May 1st.
I also germinate outdoors. I usually soak until I see a tap root,then delicately place in the soil/pot which is its final resting place.
(I used to start with an agrosun 150w indoors)
Yes,you do have to worry about critters and birds. Recently, I had a poor seedling have the top eaten off. Criminal.
I am still looking for that bird… :smiling_imp:
I agree wholeheartedly-experimentation is good! :+1:

SL out.

1 Like

@Slug_Life Thanks man…yeah I like Al Green music so I thought it would be apropos to use it as an Avatar and Handle for this site,I had other names but this one wasn’t taken!
Yeah I may try outdoor in a few months see how it goes…
P.S. I wonder if the bird got high?? J.K.

I am south of San Francisco. I must confess,I did a crazy experiment and threw some (5,five)homemade, pollen-chuckin’ seeds outside(a cross of Jillybean and DJ short FLO). (Approx February 17)
They are looking well,if I may say so. I was curious about them going into re-veg,but they are moving along fine.

I have big ol crows here. They are like the D-bo of birds. When they gone, I be talking…when they come.back-I’ll shut up…
If you get your hands on some bagseed- throw it outside and see what happens,right?
Happy growing!

SL out.

2 Likes