Starting out Brand New

@Hellraiser

This is worrisome but I wonder if it’s because it’s the end of the light cycle and the plant knows it. The lights are due to shut off here in a few. I mean of course I’m still going to get a tent and the adjustable ropes but I might need to dim the lights a little bit. What do you think should I keep an eye on that and just leave it alone or is that what you were warning me about?

That’s awesome! I might consider trying coco then :thinking: I’ll try a few grows this way then probably try coco

4 Likes

Not a good time to judge, yeah she knows it’s time for bed and many plants droop a little before lights out. See how she looks a few hours after lights on or closer to middle of her day.

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too. That she was okay just a few hours ago and the lights had already been on for a while. I love talking about this stuff it’s so therapeutic in some way…I don’t know how to explain it :sweat_smile: thank you @Hellraiser it’s crazy how plants are just little creatures when you stop and think about it. They want things and they give us benefits in return. And it’s like a relationship, you take care of me and I’ll take care of you mentality. I love it

2 Likes

Yep, we’re all carbon based life forms on this planet (animals and plants), we’re more alike than we think.

2 Likes

Okay she’s is absorbing the water pretty quickly, I know I didn’t water a whole lot to where I get run off but she still was watered about a quarter of a gallon and I get close to half when I normally water. So I’m thinking with the new light she might be absorbing the nutrients and the water quicker, I can only hope. So I will water tomorrow before the lights come on and I want to water with recharge and PH water only but I only have one sprayer. So I can choose to buy another one (damn this project just keeps hitting my wallet :sweat_smile: ) or not but I think buying another one sounds more easier considering it’s going to be just recharge and water

3 Likes

@Hellraiser I need your expertise!

1 Like

I noticed that the plant was dropping. And I was wondering why because she’s not completely dry yet I mean a little bit but not enough to be drooping like this

So I looked around and saw that and it has to be the reason. I immediately unclipped all the binder clips that I was using for LST but I just hope it’s not too late. I’m going to go ahead and water because I’m worried she needs the silica now more than ever

1 Like

And I’m pretty sure I made it worse🤦🏻‍♂️ Going to water then leave her alone

1 Like

Ouch, stem split! I’d tape it up nice and tight, try to get it back together as much as possible, maybe use medical tape/first aid tape if you have it, even electrical tape would work.

2 Likes

1 Like

Okay I’m going to buy some first aid tape rn

@Hellraiser

2 Likes

Did some defoliating because I want the energy going to the main branches not the lower ones

2 Likes

2 Likes

Okay hopefully she’s not too upset with me :broken_heart: I watered her with the silica jacks and molasses mix I had left over and of course I taped it as tight as I could. When I tried to push the two together it felt like I was pulling the stem away so I didn’t tighten it too tight just enough to hold them in place and stop from tearing any further. I really hope I didn’t fudge this up.

2 Likes

They can take a lot of abuse, just give her some time and see how she does.

3 Likes

Good, I didn’t mean to abuse her I swear! Don’t call cannabis protective services please! :rofl:it was more unwilling neglect than anything I noticed the main stem was bending and I should’ve seen why and loosened my LST at that point but I was like meh she can take it. :man_facepalming:t2: @Hellraiser im pretty much just going to keep watering and not really do anything else at this point until I get my new tent in.

2 Likes

Just a good thing I’m always inspecting and seeing what’s going on for sure!

2 Likes

Yeah gotta be careful with LST and screens even, a plant can tear itself apart if bound/held down and the growth just keeps pushing her growth higher.

1 Like

Yes, clearly she still was growing vertically

1 Like