Starting my grow journal!

Life tear us up sometimes

Heck ya. I just have roots sticking out of 4 pots lol. Two (one of each) are going into Loco to be used with Nector of the Gods. And two into Loco with kind soil (also one of each). Thing is the kind soil is still few days out. So I’m trying to figure out if I should go few more days in 4" with 2 of them or put them in a 6 for couple of days.

I would think a couple days should be ok as long as they seem healthy enough. Perhaps @elheffe702 could offer some advice I would not want to steer you wrong.

1 Like

Predicted delivery date is the 20th

I have to call in @dbrn32 too. I got one of the pre built qb lights. The power source just plugs in. It has the same plug port on the opposite side of the board. So I’m hoping I can just find another board and cord that matches that plug port to add on for now. Will take some pictures.

1 Like

Yeah post some pics. This one I just did.

1 Like

I am going to to the DIY when I upgrade soon. I just ordered a pre built to test the waters. So hoping I can just add on to what I already have without having to buy a whole other kit to fill this tent.

1 Like

I love my qb light its sweet

1 Like

My root system coming out of the 4" pots. All 4 we’re sticking out of all 4 holes on pot. Seedlings hatched and started in Coco Loco. Transplanted 2 of them into 3 gallon pots back into Coco Loco only.

4 Likes

Thanks for clearing the cloud in the room! I would say at least 80% of us here feel the same way. It is part of the growth process…

Perfectly normal.

Thanks

1 Like

I take pride in asking the dumbest questions

3 Likes

This is hlg 65 or 100? Are you trying to run another board from same driver?

The 100 and yes. If it can be done. It has a port for something on other side. I’m assuming it’s for another board.

1 Like

Saying it can’t be done would be lying, but it’s not setup for plug and play addition. That other plug is there more so because the pcb is manufactured with two taps, so they put it there to keep from having bare solder pads.

In order for you to do that you would have to get hlg to sell you another board identical to the one you have. Using the DC barrel connectors would put you into a parallel wiring connection. When you connect boards in parallel they need to have same voltage/current demand or you’ll create thermal runaway situation. So it kinda rules out just ordering one from Alibaba vendor, as they likely won’t have same voltage bin as hlg.

If you had two Identical boards, you could absolutely do that though. It just divides driver current among how many boards you have. I ordered a couple dozen boards spec’d with those connectors last year and had 4 of them running from owa-60 driver. I just used splitters with a compatible plug.

Ok. That’s what I want to know. Exactly what I’m gonna need to do to get another one wired in with that one. If I can’t do it for much cheaper than just getting another pre built board and driver than I’ll just get another one like I have. I’ll look on HLG. If I can get the board I’ll have to get you to give me a more detailed explanation of wiring them together.

1 Like

@Not2SureYet @Missiles here’s my journal

2 Likes

Thank you very much :grin: I’ll be following along :wink:

1 Like

Thank you. I will start from the top in just a few :grin:

1 Like

@dbrn32 I was just looking I was thinking the veg print was 2x2 for some reason. It’s actually 3X3. How accurate is that on the hlg 100? Everything I have is in veg right now and I only use a 2x3 area of my tent. There’s fan, humidifier etc… in one end. I know putting 2 side by side would be better. But if 3x3 is accurate I really need to get my other tent ordered and set up.

2 Likes

They’ll be okay in the small pots a little longer, no worries!