Starting my 2022 indoor grow

We went from having our wood burning stove on last week to 100 F yesterday and high 90’s the rest of the week.

12 Likes

I didnt cover anything or give them a heat source for the night, tent read 58 this morning but they all seemed ready to take the day on lol

5 Likes

First coat of poly is dry, now i will give them a light sanding and then 2nd coat of poly. This will make them smooth and glossy. Happy growing

11 Likes

Those look great! @Dj351

Nice koozie!

4 Likes

Hi there @Dj351
Sorry taken so long get back to you. Lots and lots on.
Seamless working between work and home at the moment and a bit of sleeping here and there.
I just had to leave the roof job un finished the other day. Ofcourse wx forecast announced rain coming
So yesterday i arranged to hire a builders tarp 9m x 6 m while at work.
I go pick it up during work 18 dollars a day.
Get home driving through rain.
Thinking dam its beaten me again.
But it was dry at home.
In failing light i get this huge heavy tarp on the roof tied it down in the dark Ofcourse 2 torches missing and the 3rd went flat.
Started raining very hard over night. Yay i beat the rain for once.
Im back at work now hoppy the rain not getting in my open roof
Cheers :beers:
Haveva good evening :pray:

3 Likes

Is flex seal available in nz? I used the liquid in a can and brushed it on a leaking foundation wall. It worked great. I think this better than silicone. See if you can find some. I would apply a heavy coat in overlap and then brush it on outside of seam as well. What kind of screws did you get? Ive been working on the boxes.

3 Likes

2nd coat of poly is done on box and top of lid. Once they dry i can flip them over and do the other side. I now have the screen frames almost finished. Next step is to finish poly and then start putting on the hardware.

10 Likes

Can i put my order in @Dj351
Were do you get your kief screen from
What size do you use?
Great job
Cheers :beers: :clap:

2 Likes

Hi @Dj351
The other day when i opened the roof up and found all that rust.
I buffed it back with a circular wire brush fits into grinder.
The rust has spread beyond the over lap.
Really bad job who ever did this cladding of the roof.
I have the screws you mentioned that was my plan.
If the tin not rusted away completely its totally pitted.
I literally had to just walk off the job and go to work.
Ofcourse it was the start of my 25 hr shift so 28 hrs later im home with the tarp.
I got to sleep then up early and off to work again were i am now.
Literally no time to work on it since i sent you the photos :upside_down_face:
Getting dark just after 5pm now so i got about 20min of light to do outside work after my day shift :upside_down_face:
My thinking is to replace the tin with a full sheet over the top of whats there.
How it should have been done in the first place.
In the meantime before i raced off i placed pavers under the edges of the tin now exposed to let air in and dry the building paper and plywood roof underneath to dry out before sealing it back down.
Rust never sleeps moisture under tin and no air great recipe for growing rust.
Cheers :beers: :clap:

3 Likes

I think you have the right idea for your roof. You just need a couple days off to work on it. Im using 70 and 180 micron stainless steel screens. Sorry , they’re not available just yet. I will let you know where to find them soon.

7 Likes

Thanks, Diesel grwr . Yes im a Trump fan.

3 Likes

Definitely sweet boxes Sir. :v:

3 Likes

Thanks for your compliment Dforce. These are the first of hopefully many more to come.
Will be marketing them soon. Happy growing

4 Likes

The trimming boxes are finished except for epoxying a pot leaf into brass ring. I finished the pavillion yesterday. Owner is very happy.

9 Likes

Very nice work brother! :v::dash::dash:

5 Likes

@CooterJuice thanks for the compliment man. Both projects took a little longer than expected. I have a good 10 hrs in each one. Ĥappy growing

4 Likes

That box is beautiful!!

5 Likes

Thank you for liking the boxesand my craftmanship. I am somewhat of a perfectionist. I put a lot of love into this just as i do with my plants. They will be for sale soon on ebay. Still trying to decide how much to ask for them. They are handcrafted and something to treasure for many years unlike tne cheap plastic ones. These will be antiques in 40 years.

7 Likes

I don’t think would go less than $100 for masterpieces!

3 Likes

@Ɓlackmoon hello, how are you? Havent seen you on the forum in a few days. I figure youve been busyon your roof. Hows that going? Hope you dont have too much trouble. Let me know how its going. I have finished the first 3 boxes. Will be shipping them off in a day or two. I also finished the roof on the pavillion. Havent decided for sure, the boxes are going to sell between $200 and $250 tops. Have several options , a pot leaf epoxyed on lid, a brassnameplate, and replacement screens. I have been pretty busy. Have a great day. Happy growing

10 Likes